The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

memory bank!
I used to have one Brian. I put it down somewhere and be damned if I can remember where.
Nice to see you here, Big Cal!
Why thank you old friend. I am not doing as much pubbing as I have in the past but still like to pop in for a pint when time allows.
May I ask you to phone to one of our wackiest Pub member?
The email has been sent.

Speaking of vintage...

my wife & I have been watching The Twilight Zone series before Netflix yanks it and sends it to the twilight zone on June 30.

I wish I'd known sooner that they were pulling it. I'd like to have revisited more episodes than we'll have time to finish in the next 5 days.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
So are there anyone who knows how's about our friend c2cthomas?

Hello Chaps!!

c2cthomas iz alive an well. Just hanging out in my family tree swinging from branch to branch. Did I share with you that I have discovered that I am not from the family line that I thought that I was from? Y-chromosome DNA test shows that my cousin (used for confirmation) and I are of Dutch heritage. I haven't been able to track down where or when that happened, but it is a real shock to discover that you are not who you think you are. Well - plus the fact that I have five sisters that all came from five different mothers...... hmmmm.

I have been watching the news about a horrible building collapse in Florida and wondering how many more buildings of that age and type are around. Very sad for those that have lost loved ones and I hope that they can prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future. I find it odd that in many places we have buildings built of stone that are hundreds of years old and yet in todays modern world we can't construct one that can last forty or fifty years.

And speaking of things that don't last.... My stink'n AVR died on me!! The problem with that is that there aren't any places that repair amps any more!!! In the old days I would break out my O'scope and DVM and get on it , but such a thing is impossible with today's AVR's with all of their decoder chips and processors. The best that I can do is to ship it to a repair center a couple of hundred miles away and they will look at and let me know what they find. Lucky for me that I listen to music on-line with my PC and headphones and don't need the AVR for that.

Still fighting to keep my breathing up to a survival level and that isn't easy. With luck I still have a few good years left but I can see the changes that it has made to me and I'm starting to look like making it to my goal of being 49 years old 49 times might be over reaching things a bit. But what the hell - I'm going for it anyway!!! :D

I have my annual check up with my doctor next week and I'll let you know what he has to say. Hopefully he won't want to poke hiz finger up my butt to check my prostrate gland.... I hate it when that happens!!

So give me some feedback and let me know how you kids are doing!!

Love you all,
Thomas

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Well Thomas my friend, I am a happily married man as well but I do love the Dr. / patient confidentiality thing if my wife is being mean to me that week.

I take my marriage vows seriously and have never strayed or fooled around. But even if I were tempted there are other considerations for those of us who have celebrated being 49 y/o 24 times.......

Steps involved in planning on having a night out
1. See my lung doctor to see if my lungs are up to the job and get spare rescue inhaler.
2. See my heart doctor to see if my heart is up to the job.
3. See my neurologist to make sure I won’t have a stroke.
4. See my internalist to get prescription for little blue pill.
5. Go to drug store and get some little blue pills.

By the time that I have done these things they have moved on to another available suitor or I have forgotten her name and where we were supposed to meet each other at.

Thus - there is no reason to worry about me wondering off and chasing loose women.... :D

Great to hear from you again Thomas and that all is - comparatively - well with you. Finding that you are not who you thought you were is irksome....I've been getting that message most of my life from overbearing interfering busybodies.:rolleyes:

[I am now in pretty well the same boat re. doctors just now.....inhalors etc. had a multi set of blood tests last week and all is well other than having a further test for diabetes...results next week.]

Like CalI no longer need coffee to stay awake at night - but certainly do in the daytime. :mad:

Having developed a VERY shaky right hand soldering is exceptionally difficult and having blown up TWO power amps which were well built by AndrewT I feel great sympathy for both of us. :eek:

Where you live there must be a good few members who could help fix your amp? [None hereabouts that I know about to help me!] Still waiting to finish ZM M25 boards which he built for me...just need a power supply and external connections to work.

All the best and look forward to your next report...keep well.

I take my marriage vows seriously and have never strayed or fooled around.
I believe you. I am the same. I just like to kibitz where she can't see.
Steps involved in planning on having a night out
1. See my lung doctor to see if my lungs are up to the job and get spare rescue inhaler.
:checked:
2. See my heart doctor to see if my heart is up to the job.
3. See my neurologist to make sure I won’t have a stroke.
4. See my internalist to get prescription for little blue pill.
Already in house. My goodness they are effective.
5. Go to drug store and get some little blue pills.
See above
By the time that I have done these things they have moved on to another available suitor or I have forgotten her name and where we were supposed to meet each other at.
Bad planning, see above
Thus - there is no reason to worry about me wondering off and chasing loose women.... :D
We ought to get together. I know our wives would put a quick end to this banter.

Albert, thanks for joining us but would you please do it more often? You make the natives restless when you don't show up. We miss you.

Thanks to all,
You have made my sunny summer Sunday morning!
What a nice alliteration, isn't it?

If Papa check in the Pub in this anniversary day, I will pay a beer for him!
I know he likes red wines, but yet.

What a pity, that most of the messages about Doctors.
I must to go to doctors too, because my right side have some pain more than 3 months.
I don't care with this pain, (You know I have one what I must to carry to the end of my life.) just because why it is?
Perhaps it is because of liver, in this case I drink too much beer.
Maybe it is because of kidney stone, in this case I drink too few beers.

After all I have a good news, my daughter defended her PhD dissertation in the field of space sciences.
I'm eterneally proud of her!

Kind regards,
Wacky Gyuri