The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

After shipping custom declaration is wine bottles inside all box was back to my home.
Was all red sans sulfites organic etc. Good news today I know another very good wines.
You think is easy try anyways

@Soundhappy, If you shipped using regular mail it would have been returned because shipping alcohol above 5% is not allowed in the U.S. Mail.

I believe you should be able to ship the wine duty free either UPS or FedEx if you mark the bottles "Sample" and declare the wine as samples on the customs paperwork. However, you also need to mark the outside of the box "Adult Signature Required" because there are hordes of minors in this country porch surfing, looking for alcohol to get drunk on. :D

If you have a winery nearby with a distributor in the U.S. you might call them to verify the "samples" information above is accurate.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I prefer to spend my wine budget locally, purchasing products made by my neighbors and plowing my money back into the local economy. Lucky for me, my neighbors include Napa and Sonoma and Monterey and Paso Robles. I very much enjoy "the local agricultural products" they offer for sale.

To those outside the Pacific Time Zone: if you have the opportunity, please try the wines made by Walter Hansel winery. The founder owned the largest string of new car dealerships in Sonoma county, and bought a winery as a rich man's play toy. But his son turns out to be a very serious winemaker and is producing top quality wine IMHO. I honestly believe you will be extremely pleased with their products.

https://www.hanselacura.com/about-hansel-auto-group.htm

Walter Hansel Winery

@Soundhappy, If you shipped using regular mail it would have been returned because shipping alcohol above 5% is not allowed in the U.S. Mail.

I believe you should be able to ship the wine duty free either UPS or FedEx if you mark the bottles "Sample" and declare the wine as sample

You think with UPS or FedEx wine is not more on the prohibited products list ? I have doubts.
Simple solution to send a nice bottle of red Châteaux Margaux , St Emilion or local equivalent is buy them on line in American shop and ask to shipp to his Papa Labs destination. This way non customs restriction :cheerful:

I prefer to spend my wine budget locally, purchasing products made by my neighbors
and plowing my money back into the local economy.

In my town on the local niche market some wine productors are too small and not interested to participate on international scale.
So it's excellent quality and priceless but never cheap .
Very difficult to find even French needs to know good connaisseur adresses.
The same bottle price in New York or Japan restaurant can be cost easy x 20~50 times more :) Kind regards

You think with UPS or FedEx wine is not more on the prohibited products list ? I have doubts.
Simple solution to send a nice bottle of red Châteaux Margaux , St Emilion or local equivalent is buy them on line in American shop and ask to shipp to his Papa Labs destination. This way non customs restriction :cheerful:

The wineries I've worked for have used FedEx to ship to customers in the EU. It is a little more complicated than shipping domestically because of the paperwork we had to fill out.

Your idea of purchasing Château Margaux from a US retailer is the best idea yet. Nelson and Jill would be very happy to receive a bottle or two! :D keep in mind wine cannot be shipped to a post office box.