The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

...what you've done is worthy of being on the cover too!
-Chris

I agree!

Your model reminds me of the place in Northern California where my dad snuck into the state on a freight from Illinois during the Great Depression. Yard bulls and sheriffs in the southern part of the state were turning people around and refusing entry into the state.

The last time I went to Hambone 6 or 7 years ago, the old railroad shack where he spent his first night was still there!

It's a model of Jefferson, Colorado in the late 1920's. The railroad was originally the Denver, South Park and Pacific, but emerged from bankruptcy the first time as the Denver, Leadville and Gunnison, and then the second time as the Colorado & Southern. The scale is HOn3 (1:87 or 3.5mm/foot).

The depot in 1937:

attachment.php

The general store, turn of the century:

attachment.php

attachment.php

The log house is still standing:

attachment.php

Attachments

• depot 1937.jpg
    depot 1937.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 301
  • general store early 1900s.JPG
    general store early 1900s.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 217
  • townscape1 small.JPG
    townscape1 small.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 222
  • log house-small.jpg
    log house-small.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 219
Hi Max,

HOe is closer to HOn30, both of which run on N-gauge track (9mm). The accuracy is pretty good for the European gauges between 750mm and 800mm, but a bit of a compromise for American 3' gauge.

HOn3 runs on 10.5mm track, which is accurate for 3' narrow gauge, but at the cost of no longer being the same as N-gauge track.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Jeff,

I probably have some 100 kg worth of boxes with H0e stuff from my dad, mainly Roco/Liliput.

I even remember some "pilgrimage" to Mariazell in Austria some 30 years ago to take pics of the main station of one of the most famous narrow tracks railsroads in Europe...

Funny you brought that subject up ;)

Max

EDIT: I think even some gear driven variants from another (more steep) railroad..

In the late 1920s Autocar licensed their 'CA' truck design to the Russian army (which became the ZiS-5). This is fortunate because no one makes a model of the Autocar CA, whereas several manufactures include the the ZiS-5 in their military line.

So here's my single piece of Roco, repainted to civilian colours:

attachment.php

Attachments

• loading dock small.jpg
    loading dock small.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 456
Joined 2019
Paid Member
To all that celebrate - Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for having found this lovely community.

For those in other parts of the world or those that do not celebrate - Wishing you a lovely day and many to follow.

:cheers:

Edit - A bit too early... double post. :D (for the East Coasters... Time to make the donuts!)