Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 177
I do my best, .:snail::snail:
but the weather goes more in Danske direction ...
When your next visit in Vienna? ... Soon I hope ... you should know, we are out of champagne ...:rofl:

Manu

Kiss princess

Visit to Vienna has been postponed, as the clinical test of the new surgical instrumentation has been moved to Denmark, which I am not entirely unhappy with.
I guess the excuse for dropping by is now reduced to "cause I feel like".
I will have to drag a few bottles of champagne with me then, as somebody has to keep the traditions running......... :D

Magura :)

Afaik, that's what the Brits said about Sydney.

"Farewell to old England forever
Farewell to my rum culls as well
Farewell to the well known Old Bailey
Where I used for to cut such a swell

Singing Tooral liooral liaddity
Singing Tooral liooral liay
Singing Tooral liooral liaddity
And we're bound for Botany Bay"

I love it.
It's the convict blood running through my veins.

My Experience with BOSE

My mother bought a house which had multzone BOSE system in it.
Specifically a BOSE Lifestyle 18 5.1 home theater system in one zone and 2.1 system in another zone controlled by the Lifestyle 18.

About a year ago she had a problem with the 5.1 system with only sound coming out of the front speakers. She went to the BOSE store to see if they could help. They came to her house couldn't fix the problem told it was a problem with the wiring and charged her over $300.

My mother told me about the problem about a month later and I said I would try to help her, anyway I went to her house never having any experience with BOSE equipment, and I fixed the problem within an hour.
Chapter 1 complete.

Last week my mother tells me she has no sound output from certain dvds. Anyway she went and told the BOSE store about the problem, and they said yeah that is normal you will have to replace your whole system for $3500.
So my mistake was believing what BOSE told her so I spent the whole of saturday looking around for a good price for a Pioneer SCLX 73 receiver and Pioneer LX54 dvd player (I wasn't going to recommend BOSE equipment again).

I discussed with my mother and said before we buy, I would like to see the problem for myself. So I went around and had a look at the problem and fixed it in 15 minutes.

You could probably imagine what my opinion of BOSE sales/tech staff is after this experience.

After I fixed the problem I checked out the audio connection for the speakers which is like an 8 pin mini din at one end and a network plug at the other end.
So I am thinking there must be a way to work out what the pinout is so I can connect the speakers to a regular receiver or there must be an adaptor plug since bose already sell speakers for generic receivers eg Acoustimass 6 speaker system which has a more orthodox cable to plug into the back of an ordinary receiver.

Anyway I call BOSE and ask if they have an adaptor plug for the BOSE "Lifestyle" speakers so I can plug them into any receiver. The first thing he says is "no it is impossible to connect the speakers to a receiver".
Then I say "but you make speakers to connect to generic receivers".
He says "no we don't". I say "yes you do". He says "no we don't".
I say "yes you do I have the brochure in front of me do you want me to read it out to you"
He finally admits that BOSE make speakers for regular receivers, but the BOSE lifestyle speakers are impossible to connect to a regular receiver.
He then laughs at me and hangs up.

These are same people that charged my mother money for a problem they could not fix and lied to her about cause of the problem.
These are the same people that lied to my mother saying she needed to replace her BOSE system to get 100% compatability with all dvds.

What do you reckon I should do? Can anyone lend me a Nuclear missile they can spare to lose?

Last edited:
Not sure 100% about that but I assume so.
I just called them using the phone number my mother gave me.
The phone number was on a BOSE business card attached to the bose brochure. So I assume that means it is a BOSE store. I can check it out tomorrow.

How about avoiding BOSE altogehther, forget about the specific store.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually trained to act this way knowing that people who buy BOSE gear are not the brightest people on the planet.