The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I didn't know that happened anymore. Too bad, the Pred's did themselves proud last night to tie it up.
Yeah - the bummer was that I could see the game listed on the menu but when I would go to view it they would have something on like soccer highlights from 1980 or some such thing.... So they were broadcasting the game nationally but blacked our local area - even when the games were being played out of town!!! Bunch of cheap SOB's that are looking for a pay-per-view fee.... :redhot::redhot::redhot:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Didn't think about that.

If they tried to pull a stunt like that in the great white north, the government might fall overnight.

All that I get to see are the replay's on the sports news after the game is over with.

As far as governments falling overnight I cannot discuss this topic at diyAudio or some hardass mod will jump me and toss me into the sin bin....:trapper:

I remember one night many moons ago, our local public broadcaster (CBC) was carrying a game that went into overtime. The network decided to cut away but before they did, Dave Hodge, the in-studio host said:

"Now, Montreal and the Philadelphia Flyers are currently playing in overtime, and...we are not able to go there. That's the way things go today in sports and this network. And the Flyers and the Canadiens have us in suspense, and we'll remain that way until we can find out somehow who won this game, or who's responsible for the way we do things here. Goodnight for Hockey Night in Canada."

Note: Hodge was replaced the following week by western correspondent Ron MacLean and eventually fired from the network. Took them years to recover from that blunder.

Don't get between a Canadian and his hockey game.

Sniff - sniff....... hmmmmm........ that smells like it's a solid state device - perhaps a DIY effort but could be premade board from Southern China. :D:D:D

Brand new 340T Emerson drive had "allegedly" capacitor reformed before delivery

Installed and waited all day for commissioning Eng. from Emerson
to came up
19:00 Final cek then power up was ok for 15 seconds Fan on and display up
then big bang

JGBT Gone

Baker test on motor and cables all ok
Upstream all ok (but that would have blown rectifier)

WTF?

Dry sump ventilation for bestrrrds

Attachments

• IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 104
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Don't get between a Canadian and his hockey game.

Did not get to watch the game here again last night - they decided that we needed to watch a mixed martial arts contest instead.... sigh.............:rolleyes:

The Nashville lads did well and won and will advance to the next level tomorrow (Friday here in the USA). These games should be played on the national TV stations so perhaps we will get a chance to see grown men skate around chasing a little "puck" thingy around on the ice.... I swear - it's almost as bad as watching guy's swing sticks at little white balls or other silly sports like guys driving cars around in circles at 200 mph....

And as if life wasn't already hard enough there are rumors of this guy flying his helicopter around and buzzing the place....

Harrison Ford Explains Why He’s Moving to Murfreesboro, Tennessee – News Daily 27

Attachments

• Harrison_Ford.jpg
    Harrison_Ford.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Be very proud of your lads. They played a good first period but had to hang on for dear life for the next two.
I like to see Anaheim go out like that as they have a couple ex Canucks that wouldn't hang around without more pay so that's a nice jab in their ribs.
Almost as nice as seeing the defending champs go out in the first round or even better - Boston not making the playoffs.

Hey ZM,

MUSIC, formerly known as Music Group, a holding company encompassing Behringer, Midas, Klark Teknik and, most recently, the TC Group portfolio of pro audio brands, has announced its proposal to dismiss around 70 staff members at its manufacturing and office facility in Coatbridge, Scotland. In this event, the facility’s Tannoy loudspeaker production efforts will be transferred to MUSIC’s new manufacturing plant in Zhongshan, China; research and development as well as marketing activities will be relocated to MUSIC’s Manchester, UK offices.