The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• SteamAmpII-02-1000x615.jpg
    SteamAmpII-02-1000x615.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 82
BrianCO - May have discovered even better way to make waterwheel TT.... More parts and complexity = even more fun...!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKmYqUSDch8

Indeed I have....but it needed a better flow control system so I installed a grand coulee style dam.....made a wonderful header tank. A farmer soon arrived - brandishing a 12g shotgun.....I thought that it was mad as I had not touched a farmer's daughter in the last 50 years. But he explained that he was the owner of the land which formed my header tank......working on the basis that he who turns and runs away lives to fight another day ... I fled to the TNT store, bought the necessary and blew the dam.

Next day he was back...with two gigantic sons...all carrying. Seems that the few cows and sheep which were good swimmers were all severely mutilated by falling rocks....So, on the basis that he who turns and runs away, I fled again. ..........................

Anyone got a nice cheap TT for sale??

The pic is of the very successful header tank which unfortunately had to be demolished. If you have time and want to hear the full story and buy copies of the drawings just call by - visiting days are every second tuesday,

Attachments

• _BDC0331_edited-2.jpg
    _BDC0331_edited-2.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 84
Joined 2006
Paid Member
The pic is of the very successful header tank which unfortunately had to be demolished. If you have time and want to hear the full story and buy copies of the drawings just call by - visiting days are every second tuesday,

Krap - my water tank only held a few liters...... but it was designed with the intention of only playing one record at a time and not stacking them up like the old multi-player systems.....

Attachments

• Stackable record player.jpg
    Stackable record player.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 83
Joined 2006
Paid Member
If it held only "a few litres" no wonder it was krap! ;)

[Poor old chap...loosing it (the last brain cell)......a few litres - what was he thinking about when he knows full well that you need an enormous tank to get constant speed at 78rpm.]

Well - for awhile I really liked this idea for a magnetic turntable drive - but then I realized that I would have to stand around cranking it at a very steady speed.

Steady speed??? Me??? Manual labor??? I doooooooon't think sooooo!!! :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ludLU4_6ZDM

Attachments

• New invention magnetic transmission system - YouTube.jpg
    New invention magnetic transmission system - YouTube.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 52
It pings and bings and stuff. It does the Health check every time wo problems and I did the calibration test and it was well within limits, max 0,1 dBV off at any freq. But the buttons are slow. Kind of like a computer that lacks RAM. You know.. is anything happening...? then push again and it does two steps. It might be electronic or mechanical, oxidized buttons maybe. I think the guy died and relatives selling his stuff.