The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Get rid of that car bksabath and get yourself one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRbVqlbppj8

That is taking Moi back a few years :)
Use to have a 50 cc Cabbalero whit a 22 del' Orto instead of standard 14

Also had special Cylinder sleeve and Pistons by the dozen

+ Talian Law at the time was one can ride at 14 and no number plates:D

Any way considering that is bout 30 years since I left the widow maker under a Bus I am much more inclined to get one of those instead
BTW episode 4 is out considering how lame ep.3 was...

we reserve the right to use frivoulus spelling trough out excet when letter P is missing due to be extremely Lazy

Attachments

• sandalo_m.jpg
    sandalo_m.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
That is taking Moi back a few years :)

BTW episode 4 is out considering how lame ep.3 was... Wifey iz big fan of Vinyl... Will be keeping an eye out for runny nose....

Found an new amp that needed a home.... Pretty good update for all of the techo bs that needs updating nowdayz..... Now I will need to build up a few F5's to plug it into... :cool:

Marantz US | SR5010

we reserve the right to use frivoulus spelling trough out excet when letter P is missing due to be extremely Lazy

Attachments

• SR5010 front.png
    SR5010 front.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 98
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
past midnight

just came from workshop , had (late) dinner and enjoying in coffee

contemplating - should I try twin per side Tann driver arrangement in near future , or not ( on my Absolute WAF OB spks )

yeah , new xover , new baffle - with existing Tann lowered and another on top of it ....... now I see that frame will need some changes

whadya think - worth a hassle , or not ?

Tannoy Brute Force OB ….. now Absolute WAF Tannoy OB | Zen Mod Blog

The jolly chap is supposed to having said that about his predecessor Admiral Harold Rainsford Stark when refusing to sail the cargoships over the big splash in armed convoys, becoming sitting duck targets to the german wolfpacks.

No garageshow today. Ignition timing seems ok now cause it jumps on start gas tho everytime I open the carb cups its peasoup inside. I refuse to tear them down, to many projects now so I'm just gonna keep emptying them and blow the nozzles (as I'm used to;) and letting them clean themselves.

Well, alot of fire it was, both from carbs and exhausts, but I didnt have time to film that;). Manly sound also

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I don't want to start a new thread for this question I've got, so I'll just ask here:

In an actively biamped system with an (active) line level crossover (at ~2kHz), which Pass/Firstwatt amp for >2kHz would you pair with an F5 that's taking care of <2kHz?

The tweeter it'll be driving is a Morel ST 728. Judging from the impedance plot, the impedance at 2kHz is 6R and it's steadily climbing to 10R at 20kHz. It'll be connected with a 68uF series cap.

Suggestions?

past midnight

just came from workshop , had (late) dinner and enjoying in coffee

contemplating - should I try twin per side Tann driver arrangement in near future , or not ( on my Absolute WAF OB spks )

yeah , new xover , new baffle - with existing Tann lowered and another on top of it ....... now I see that frame will need some changes

whadya think - worth a hassle , or not ?

Tannoy Brute Force OB ….. now Absolute WAF Tannoy OB | Zen Mod Blog

Yes certainly worth the hassle

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
The jolly chap is supposed to having said that about his predecessor Admiral Harold Rainsford Stark when refusing to sail the cargoships over the big splash in armed convoys, becoming sitting duck targets to the german wolfpacks.

No garageshow today. Ignition timing seems ok now cause it jumps on start gas tho everytime I open the carb cups its peasoup inside. I refuse to tear them down, to many projects now so I'm just gonna keep emptying them and blow the nozzles (as I'm used to;) and letting them clean themselves.

Well, alot of fire it was, both from carbs and exhausts, but I didnt have time to film that;). Manly sound also

blurp!

:clown:

I don't want to start a new thread for this question I've got, so I'll just ask here:

In an actively biamped system with an (active) line level crossover (at ~2kHz), which Pass/Firstwatt amp for >2kHz would you pair with an F5 that's taking care of <2kHz?

The tweeter it'll be driving is a Morel ST 728. Judging from the impedance plot, the impedance at 2kHz is 6R and it's steadily climbing to 10R at 20kHz. It'll be connected with a 68uF series cap.

Suggestions?

F3 probably most romantic sounding