The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

You gentlemen still on the food binge?!

Can we go to architecture for a moment? Hey jacco, re. Frank Lloyd Wright, one of my heroes. I haven't seen the pottery house here in Santa Fe - it's in a neighborhood where the rich folks live - but apparently it is for sale for only $US6.000.000. There is a nice little slide show at:

Frank Lloyd Wright's "Pottery House"

(I did visit some other Wright houses here in the US: in Manchester, NH; north of Chicago; and Falling Water in Pennsylvania. Falling Water was falling down when I visited it, and they had strain gauges on the overhanging concrete slabs. Apparently all fixed now.)

PS. only a few more posts to 2011, which according to my calendar, is where we are...

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ahhhhh...... now to start off this dayz dysfunctional sputter 'n splatter - I have question for Mighty ZM. We know U luv Papa - do U play with his OB's for speakers - or do you have a perversion for other stuff - like GASP! speakers in box's? :eek::eek::eek:

BTW - my version of Frankenstein Omni speaker with ESS AMT1 and a modified Pioneer 10 inch mid woofer for mids and lows (will do 26 hz). Covers are off to see evil end of perversion. :eek:

Attachments

• Mamboni 2 002.jpg
    Mamboni 2 002.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 214
  • 2 Mambonied Pioneers 1 Heil and a bunch of SonoTube.jpg
    2 Mambonied Pioneers 1 Heil and a bunch of SonoTube.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 208
  • Walsh5 Remake Dec 2010.jpg
    Walsh5 Remake Dec 2010.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 195
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
naah .... not really Papabaffles for me ;

I had my share of baffle games few years ago , helping to some willing ppl to make "some different " speakers for their Babelfish J's .....

having some experience with FiFi speakers in last few decades , before that growing up around radio production gear ( ReVox , EMT , Studer ) , I made full circle ;
now I'm enjoying wakoo mix of ancient and modern stuff
workshop - I have RCA LC1 koax spks in MLTL , with smallest Fountek ribbon as helper tweet ( 6db/oct crossed somewhere above 20K)

RCA -
they're among my most valuable not just audio pcs .....

( intentionally posted picture ; from left - Juma , Daudio,ZM,LC1 ; scary gentleman on the wall is ...... :rofl: )

spk cabs and RCA drivers - got them in trade with Zoran ( DiyA nick)

Attachments

• Juma ,Daudio,ZM.jpg
    Juma ,Daudio,ZM.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 196
  • RCA_LC1B_07.jpg
    RCA_LC1B_07.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 207
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
now - my pet boxes ....

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/11044-old-scan-speak-drivers.html

temporary in living room ; considering size of it and almost 7yr old bunchofVartabunny daughter , I abandoned any horn box for my fave Sonido 8" FRs ( I had two pairs of them - ceramic and AlNiCo ) , and decided to use pair of EV 12TRXB ;

I got them stuffed , now they're on the way to Sonido for repair - complete recone ; when measured I'll decide what box , but I hope some sort of ML TL

last one pic is from net ;

Attachments

• DSCF9903.jpg
    DSCF9903.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 368318453_o.jpg
    368318453_o.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 67
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
some more for tonight

Lorenz LP312 - diyaudio.rs
you can use google translator for first page ; later Magura wrote something and we just continue on Engrish

I found them after long time search ; dunno - maybe 7-8-10 yrs .... ?

few pics of mine , rest are from net (different color)

disclaimer :

Magura is always talking about boobz :rofl:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited: