Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• Nashville - it town - NY Times.gif
    Nashville - it town - NY Times.gif
    207.2 KB · Views: 62
you're roasting sausages with those BBQ's :rofl:

it seems ya Yanks are just going dumber , from Davy Crockett time ;

you can bet that he wasn't carrying big honkin' gas BBQ on his back , while doing all those outdoor things

:rofl:

and , yeah - he wuz smart , too - not having Marantz M8 , for tooth grinding :devily:

Grilling with gas isn't BBQ'n! Its cooking outdoors on a stove!

Real BBQ'n you ajust the air flow.... Not turn down the gas! Steak isn't to be cooked like a frozen dinner!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Grilling with gas isn't BBQ'n! Its cooking outdoors on a stove!

Real BBQ'n you ajust the air flow.... Not turn down the gas! Steak isn't to be cooked like a frozen dinner!

Real BBQ iz on old fashioned grill (a metal shopping cart will work too) with charcoal and wood. Gas iz for farting.... :D:D:D But - proper BBQ needs proper BBQ sauce - and those ingredients are secret. ;) In Tennessee we can BBQ pretty much anything - including flat animals found on roadway.... :eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• roadkill-spongebob.jpg
    roadkill-spongebob.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Up here in the great white north most everyone uses a gas grill. Some still use briquettes or even charcoal but they only grill in the summer. If you like to grill year round then gas is the way. Besides, if you have a good grill there's no reason to do it the old fashioned way. Now - cooking over an open fire like we see Choky do [and what I love to do also] is a different story, I'm just talking about grilling on a BBQ.

Real BBQ iz on old fashioned grill (a metal shopping cart will work too) with charcoal and wood. Gas iz for farting.... :D:D:D But - proper BBQ needs proper BBQ sauce - and those ingredients are secret. ;) In Tennessee we can BBQ pretty much anything - including flat animals found on roadway.... :eek::eek::eek:

Amen brother! If you where closer I'd buy you a beer!

My parents live in KC, and I lived in ft worth for some years.

I miss the brisket in texas, I had armadillo in austin once... But it wasn't flat first.

Up here in the great white north most everyone uses a gas grill. Some still use briquettes or even charcoal but they only grill in the summer. If you like to grill year round then gas is the way. Besides, if you have a good grill there's no reason to do it the old fashioned way. Now - cooking over an open fire like we see Choky do [and what I love to do also] is a different story, I'm just talking about grilling on a BBQ.

Why gas in the winter? Your allot further north but I grill in the winter.

I did have to make a rule for my weber! The ratio of meat to veggies can not exceed 75/25. And yes on my grill chicken is a veggie!