The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
As I see it, now I am not so beautiful.
Well, the weight of years ...

Tell me about it - here is one of me with newly found sister Michelle and her husband Bruce. They are audio nuts too and drove down to Nashville so we could meet up at the Emotiva Fest in Franklin Tennessee (not far from Nashville). Most of his system is Emotiva with Magepan 1.7's....

So - I am not so beautiful as others to be looking at. But then - I don't really give a ratsazzzz :D:D:D

BTW - Michelle iz new found sister from another mother. She is the one with PhD in psycho stuff - and I give her advice all of the time.....

And yes - I am wearing my diyAudio 10 year burn in T-shirt!!!!

Attachments

• Thomas - Michelle - Bruce - at Emotiva Fest 2011.jpg
    Thomas - Michelle - Bruce - at Emotiva Fest 2011.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I'm trying to suggest books reading to my daughter who has successfully graduated from the university exams, she should be read a little bit. I have not so much success.
What can I do?

Perhaps an audio book or an e-book she can read on a tablet. That's what you young people are doing a lot now days..... Just some ideas - but you know that I am very dumb and thus perhaps not the best ideas....:rolleyes:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I proposed to my daughter once, let her listen to it with me for my favourite radio play:
Dylan Thomas: Under Milkwood.
Onto this there were spitting and blow.

Az with our now 19 y/o granddaughter - our advice seldom suits her vision of the world as she see's it. Young people ignoring the advice of their elders - so what else isn't new!!!!.......

Attachments

• Britny.jpg
    Britny.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 58
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Forgive me Thomas, your grandchild seems to me so lady because of who the males are roused without a question.
Granddaughter wuz being abused by step-father in OZ - so we rescued her and have her in our home. It's been a couple of years now and she is doing really well. For the 1st six months she would wake up in the night screaming with nightmares. It has been very hard because she did not even know what nurturing and real trust and love are about because she had never had those things in life. Just lies and other horrible things. We have helped her a lot to help herself and it's pretty amazing to see her discover her true self. She falls down and skins her knees sometimes - but we are there in the background if she needs us. Still - I am careful about this as I do not want to smother her with caution and fear of failure. It is good to fall and skin your knees and discover that you can learn something from the experience (I think). But then - I have some very scarred up knees myself.... :rolleyes:

But my daughter needs more than this, according to me.
Withdrawn, if she finds an idiot like than me.
So she has no more chance than me.
So absolute nothing.

This is not so Gyuri - your are a good person. :D:D:D

Yeah....we had already noticed that it has rained down Tennessee way! Our cat hardly goes out because of the rain!;)

Had his 'tasch shaved off?:confused: as it could look that way. That is a UK bus which he is sitting in.

The river has now risen over 9 feet since midnight! So it is a boring pm with nothing to watch other than Miss Williams winning the Ladies Final at Wimbledon.:sad:

So I am making some fishing flies.....just to keep out of dummy trouble.:p

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Yeah....we had already noticed that it has rained down Tennessee way! Our cat hardly goes out because of the rain!;)

We did get a little bit - about 2.5cm - 1 inch. We are hoping for some more and some lower temperatures early next week..... :D:D:D

Had his 'tasch shaved off?:confused: as it could look that way. That is a UK bus which he is sitting in.
Didn't his sister live in London just prior to WWII?

The river has now risen over 9 feet since midnight! So it is a boring pm with nothing to watch other than Miss Williams winning the Ladies Final at Wimbledon.:sad:

I do hope that everything is all right in regards to flooding and bridges - electric power and such. It seems that things must be at least somewhat all right because you are on your new Mac banging out stuff on the 'net.:D Still - there are others to be concerned about..... :umbrella:

So I am making some fishing flies.....just to keep out of dummy trouble.:p
I would venture a wager that you are looking at the photo's of our local fisher women I posted the other day..... :D:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I probably wrong anyway.
I have no energy.
I have no wisdom.
I have no anything to give to my daughter.
I have no worth anything.
I have nothing.
I'm only existing.
But only why?

I probably wrong anyway.
Wrong again…..

I have no energy.
You have enough energy to be up and be around friends in da Pub.

I have no wisdom.
Well – being as you are in the Pub I gotta give ya that one…..

I have no anything to give to my daughter.
From what you said earlier I think (as if that matters much – certainly don’t take my opinions as a high standard) that you wanted to share some wisdom and knowledge with your daughter and that she declined it. I don’t see it that way – The way I see it is that you have given your daughter her freedom of choice. You have given her the freedom to choose as she feels fit without fear of condemnation or pressure to comply, and that she is using it. That is a wonderful gift for her to have.

I have no worth anything.
I have nothing.
I'm only existing.
But only why?
That is all perspective sir. There are many that would love to have half of what you have and be very happy with it. Go and volunteer to feed people at the soup kitchen for a week – you will feel better for it and see that indeed you do have a pretty good life to enjoy and treasure.

Last edited: