pb7.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 96
Joined 2006
Paid Member
5K$ for 5.25" woof based boxes ?

naah .........

Lorenz LP312 is liver-eater for that

Take a looky at the strange little thingy on TOP of the box ya dummy. :crazy:

I have listened to thezzz a couple of times already and that is a nice speaker - combined with 18" stereo Black Widow Sub's driven offa separate amps. I think today he is using his Mac 275's (might be 245's - I haven't seen 'em yet) to drive the PB7's with.:cool:

These thingy's are made here in Nashville - so local connection..... which is always interesting....

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Nah - just listening - outta my price bracket even if I had the $$$$... Knocking things together in DIY mode iz much more fun!!!! :D:D:D

Frankenspeaker below. ESS Heil AMT 1 w/10 inch Pioneer - from the old Mamboni Walsh Remake threads.....

Not the best speaker in da world - but for $400 buck for the pair pretty darn good. :D:D:D

Attachments

• 2 Mambonied Pioneers 1 Heil and a bunch of SonoTube small px.jpg
    2 Mambonied Pioneers 1 Heil and a bunch of SonoTube small px.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Walsh5 Remake Dec 2010.jpg
    Walsh5 Remake Dec 2010.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 83
Flew home earlier than expected as the village BBQ was ruined by a bitter east wind! The band left following a drum roll and were followed by a shoe.:rolleyes:

c2cthomas....

I see a pestle and mortar on the side of the second pic, beside the wishing well. Are you practising witchcraft over there near Music City??:D:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
You guys must be havin' lots 'o' fun. Wish I was there.

Cheers. :drink:

Hi Cal and the rest of ya lazyyyy dummy's!!!! :D:D:D
A good time wuz had by all - which did include Pano (Michael) and fulken (Kenji) and a couple of buddy's from the Nashville Audio Society. We met over at David's house and gave a good listen to the speakers I pointed out above with and without the use of the 18 inch twin sub-woofers (well - David duz have a couple of BIG doggy's but I'm referring to his Peavey subs.)

We got Pano back to hiz hotel safe and sound - so if ya hear any stories about him stumbling around on the streets of Nashville IT AIN'T MY FAULT........ :D:D:D

Kenji is USA distributor of Feastrex products and gave us some very good information about how they use the field coils in conjunction with the material of the driver frame to adjust the performance of their drivers and sez we will get a chance to listen to hiz stuff when he gets his listening room set up with his new toys. That will be something great to see and listen to!!! Here is an interesting link about the care that is taken in making the paper for their drivers and not something that people don't get to see very often. Most people have noooooo idea about how important the paper used for speaker cones is - but the better performing paper cones speakers are better performing for several reasons - and one of the most important is the paper used for the cones. Making-of-Feastrex-Diaphragm

OK - we will now return to regular Off Topic dummy discussions - where is da beer wench at? :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I'm interested in comparison between your tops and ones used in these spks

whatever is bellow them , I'm neither impressed nor interested (solely because of size , I'm not disputing possible or presumable quality :clown: )

My Big Heil AMT's are very nice - but I have to give a tip of my hat to the High Emotion Audio PB7's and their "improved" Lanium tweeter. It is very fast, clear, and non fatiguing to listen to. They are configured for omni directional use so you do need to take room placement into consideration (what is new about that :rolleyes:) and I enjoy them very much. Now - if we can just convince the guy that makes them to knock out some lower cost units for DIY use........ :rolleyes: It is a very nice driver indeed!! It is very directional in vertical dispersion and you need to have them placed at ear height tho..

Hi Cal and the rest of ya lazyyyy dummy's!!!! :D:D:D
A good time wuz had by all - which did include Pano (Michael) and fulken (Kenji) and a couple of buddy's from the Nashville Audio Society. We met over at David's house and gave a good listen to the speakers I pointed out above with and without the use of the 18 inch twin sub-woofers (well - David duz have a couple of BIG doggy's but I'm referring to his Peavey subs.)

We got Pano back to hiz hotel safe and sound - so if ya hear any stories about him stumbling around on the streets of Nashville IT AIN'T MY FAULT........ :D:D:D

Kenji is USA distributor of Feastrex products and gave us some very good information about how they use the field coils in conjunction with the material of the driver frame to adjust the performance of their drivers and sez we will get a chance to listen to hiz stuff when he gets his listening room set up with his new toys. That will be something great to see and listen to!!! Here is an interesting link about the care that is taken in making the paper for their drivers and not something that people don't get to see very often. Most people have noooooo idea about how important the paper used for speaker cones is - but the better performing paper cones speakers are better performing for several reasons - and one of the most important is the paper used for the cones. Making-of-Feastrex-Diaphragm

OK - we will now return to regular Off Topic dummy discussions - where is da beer wench at? :drunk::drunk::drunk:
Damn! Thats humbling. If everybodyb was that dedicated to what they did, the world would be a much better place.