The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

And the wine list is prety poor for 2 rosets resturant.

Take number one
sicilian wine is big NO NO they are to strong (far to sunny and not enough rain) to make any decent wine to go with food
Desert wine maybe

and 77 Vino nobile di Montepulciano that is a rip off as Montepulciano is in Abruzzo.

80 Valpolicella Classico Superiore .... Tedeschi Is ok at £15 top mass produced altrought not to bad.

201 Chateau Palmer 1999 Margoux £180

Yes Margoux is definetley a top choice but how a 1999 can be the greatest Palmer made between 1961 and 1966.

So 77 made in Tuscany near Florence
montepulciano is about 200 miles away

Attachments

• mapitalycentral.jpg
    mapitalycentral.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 81
Even something for the II brigade! (Italian Irish) Spinach gnocci???? What the Italians do with potatoes and then make them green and blame the poor Irish!!!!:mad::mad::p

NONONO THAT IS TOTALY WRONG never never said spinach and is Gnochi by the way but let you off (what the F... up with me corecting other spelling me siko sad)

It said Chives

Only place one wuld se spinach there is inside Ravioli or Lasagne
And for big dady sake it is lasagne plural.

Hey you welcome to came over and see what Italians do with potatoes any time.

I decided to do as our Italian cousins do - totally ignore proper spelling in other languages....actually it is a compliment to all Italians, especially those who are Romans!:D:D:D:D

(what the F... up with me corecting other spelling me siko sad)

QUOTE]

:D Not for one minute think that I was serious I said that myself neh?

You are welcome to make spelling mistakes at any time.:D

Is not that I totaly ignore the spelling is that I write with passion and on the fly so 50% of times letters stay on key board 50% is because I don't look at where my fingher actulay is and the reamining 38% is pure ingnorance.

I am right about the wine so...

I could start using a spell ceck duda but that wuld be like a digital copy of the real thing

Last edited:
(what the F... up with me corecting other spelling me siko sad)

QUOTE]

:D Not for one minute think that I was serious I said that myself neh?

You are welcome to make spelling mistakes at any time.:D

Thanks!:p:p:p:p

Regarding the wine have a lookie here, but it is a Japanese opinion:

Clearly the wine list made a mistake! They should have said that it came from the monks on top of the hill...I have bought it there and the most wonderful cheese too! A little like pecharhino! About one hour from San Cassiano.:)

Sicillian wine is a MUST here. It is because so many Sicillians (payin cash) holiday here. But some bring infectious diseases - like high speed lead poisoning.;)

Attachments

• Japanese opinion.jpg
    Japanese opinion.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Most of the San Cassiano are all in the north of Italy as only place in the north where they make pecorino is in Tuscany then that It was Pecorino Toscano and it must have been
San Cassiano A Moriano near Lecce in Tuscany.

Good advice for the Brunello di Montalcino I wuld let it breath for longher1/2 hour minimum for each year is been in the botle

It does got vell with red meath (T bone )and soucy pastas

Dolcetto di Diano is another very similar wine from Piemonte
and Barbera from Lombardia.

Got 42 as the answer over here

Last edited:
Most of the San Cassiano are all in the north of Italy as only place in the north where they make pecorino is in Tuscany then that It was Pecorino Toscano and it must have been
San Cassiano A Moriano near Lecce in Tuscany.

Good advice for the Brunello di Montalcino I wuld let it breath for longher1/2 hour minimum for each year is been in the botle

It does got vell with red meath (T bone )and soucy pastas

Dolcetto di Diano is another very similar wine from Piemonte
and Barbera from Lombardia.

Got 42 as the answer over here

100% correct on all counts!:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I will send you 1M$ story , but not even 1$ via paypalidipy

Serbia still isn't covered with that drek and I just abandoned entire adventure , after 4-th P. account made via regular bank account in Hungary

P. hates someone who have Hungary bank account , but IP from Serbia .

so ......... no meuney for ya , from this side of Iron Curtain

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 68
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I will send you 1M$ story , but not even 1$ via paypalidipy

Serbia still isn't covered with that drek and I just abandoned entire adventure , after 4-th P. account made via regular bank account in Hungary

P. hates someone who have Hungary bank account , but IP from Serbia .

so ......... no meuney for ya , from this side of Iron Curtain

OK - so then send $$$$ to account in Nigeria where I have a dead prince that haz left me small fortune......

Also this week I have won Irish lotto - but need small processing fee....:rolleyes: