Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I painted the lab this weekend. It's much brighter now.:bulb:

Attachments

• thelab.jpg
    thelab.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 292
I don't know if that is any kind of lab in my book. Where is the chaos? Where is the pile of half finished projects with the pile of seemingly random parts next to it? I have never known a lab like that and likely never will. Of course that is my own fault. Looks nice.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Wikipedia sez:

Boulez Conducts Zappa: The Perfect Stranger is a 1984 album featuring the music of Frank Zappa, conducted, in part, by Pierre Boulez. It is also known as, simply, The Perfect Stranger.

Boulez conducts, specifically, on the three tracks — "The Perfect Stranger", "Naval Aviation in Art?" and "Dupree's Paradise" — which were recorded at IRCAM, Paris on January 10 and January 11, 1984, and are performed by Boulez' Ensemble InterContemporain. The title track was also commissioned by Boulez, and contains references to Zappa's 1971 film, 200 Motels. The remaining four tracks are credited to 'The Barking Pumpkin Digital Gratification Consort'; in fact, Zappa's Synclavier. "Outside Now Again" is a Synclavier performance based on a transcription of Zappa's guitar solo in the song "Outside Now" from the 1979 Joe's Garage album.

I didn't warm up to it much myself, but then it always did take about 10 listens to love the best Zappa tunes, like King Kong.

:cool: