The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread - Page 938 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th January 2013, 04:19 PM   #9371
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
BNJ is a blend...NOT a malt! OK heavy on malt in the blend. It is popular in Scotland for removing paint from doors!!!

I love it as it cuts through the nicotine.
Old 5th January 2013, 04:34 PM   #9372
stajo is offline stajo  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianco View Post
BNJ is a blend...NOT a malt! OK heavy on malt in the blend. It is popular in Scotland for removing paint from doors!!!

I love it as it cuts through the nicotine.
It is indeed true. The blend of maltlovers it says on the bottle. What a contradiction in terms. I just sued the bartender. Good luck to me.

Ok, stop the printers. We just agreed on a crappy talisker as settlement.

Peace
Staffan
Old 5th January 2013, 05:11 PM   #9373
diyAudio Member

Since I'm about equally out of battery on this phone as I am out of sanity, spelling and overall judgefulness I find it the perfect opportunity to ask you fellow of the ring about your IRL experiances relating to the art of construction of fidelity stuff. Me and myself has a brief history on this subject but I have had the opportunity of meeting with the more experienced. They divide to me in some under cathegories, dividing by the two major: the ones who can calculate but avoid listening and the ones who gave up calculating and trust the bones. I of course have respect for the two but I, as this post is exepted you to be epressive about, do love the bones (ears) as a calculator. So many timrs I have been trapped by numbers without seeing the whole concept. So many times I have been decieved.

IE, very subjective but all the long.

Yours sincerely
Staffan
Old 5th January 2013, 05:43 PM   #9374
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

I'm dumb
Old 5th January 2013, 05:49 PM   #9375
diyAudio Member

I like what I like. Definietly dumb....but i like to understand why
Old 5th January 2013, 06:15 PM   #9376
diyAudio Member

I'm all ears. I think, as a stupid, the one cant be without the other. Thats why I like it. The symbioses. Accordingly to that, its the looks. Sometimes the listener and the visionary artist of look and feel are the same but not always. Then comes the fourth guy. We all like him, the accountant. Do you have a sound budget for this? It all blows up.

Then I had that silly moment at the local. The most drunk turd of course decided to challenge me and called me the stuff. BT calmed it off but as the turd seemed to do as well I asked him what he ment. Agressive glasseye tried to remember and bar-personal came around. "Personal chat outside" was avoided. Good thing I guess. I know the bloke from football. If I was evil I would be starring him down next time when he is almost sober. Or have a decent chat maybe. Taking his hand and have the decent conversation. That is my abbreviation of decency, politics and religion. There is to much hatered in the world. And to much accountants.

Cheers and bless you
Staffan
Old 5th January 2013, 06:28 PM   #9377
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stajo View Post
.................................................. .................................................. ..............to ask you fellow of the ring about your IRL experiances relating to the art of construction of fidelity stuff.......................

Yours sincerely
Staffan
Do you mean IRL as in Ireland? If so, then come here one evening when you have a week to spare and I will tell you!!
Old 5th January 2013, 06:36 PM   #9378
diyAudio Member

recently hooked up a pair of Altec 806's on 811's. Now these things are definitelly not flat to 20kHz, but i wasnt sitting there thinking that they were missing something up top. With both hooked up and me sitting about 12 ft away, I was taken aback out how nice they sounded with Ginger Baker playing through them. I high passed them at 1000 and then 800. NO woofer. I learned how nice and airy horns can sound(possibly mentally substituting for lack of extension) and also how much of the music I enjoy is 1000 and below. Its where the meat is, the body, the curves.
Old 5th January 2013, 06:41 PM   #9379
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

naah ......

I don't believe ya .......

Old 5th January 2013, 06:43 PM   #9380
diyAudio Member

Me neither

Hide this!Advertise here!