The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread - Page 937 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th January 2013, 10:59 PM   #9361
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

you really owe us** to write more about those wakoo 'talian (residented) audio afficionados ... and your hangin' with them ....

I like stories , especially ones where ppl are more important than exact physical gadgets

**please , please - with cherry on top ........

Last edited by wintermute; 4th January 2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: remove attachment at ZM's request.
Old 4th January 2013, 11:18 PM   #9362
diyAudio Member

70 Euro a shot for Grappa ?
not mistaken with louis XIV?

Funy thing grappa I have tried same 70 volumes a friend made on his still. Clear as water and melow on palate I could realy feel the texture of the grape pips between my teeth (no you doddo no grape pips on it as was clear as water Just the feel of it)then big badabang when it gets to botom absolutley fantastic but he only does (used to)10 botles a year.Lests see about 1984 in Udine army district he was from Val D'Aosta so it was prety good for me to remember that far back

If you can get it look for Nardini (I like the yelow ish one melow compared to clear one)

any way funny thing of grappa one is totaly sober while having first second and third
shot glass after decent meal and normaly conversation will start and continue at least till there is enoug grappa left on the table with warious degrees of arm flapping about till one for same reasons decide to get up and the is hey TIMBER.
Wake up in the morow and do not rememeber a thing
Even funnier witnesing this as a chain reaction...
One goes up and hey Timber 2 go up to help one and hey Timber 3 go up to help one and 2 and is tre on the deck normaly the rest of the table stay put and carries on drinking.

Don't know much about black economy stereo Speakers where normaly Italian and all the best gear came from the UK at the time but I was out of that loop as I had a 32Kw electrovoice system to play with at the time

Hey Vat69 is blend no single malt by the way

Last edited by Bksabath; 4th January 2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 4th January 2013, 11:24 PM   #9363
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
As they were some of the friendliest, generous, welcoming people I have met I feel that it would be a big lack of gratitude to plaster their names over the WEB. However, I will try to write something over the next few days which may just give some idea of their great joy of life, music, and manic pursuit of having the best of equipment on which to play it.

I will have to disguise their names, and attempt to leave no strong recognition points.

Expect something in a few days.

Can you remove the thumbnail? It would please me if you can.

Thanks ZM.
Old 4th January 2013, 11:28 PM   #9364
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
speaking of ...... horn thread is silent , lately ?

agree for movie(s) , book(s)

I'm sucker for (Sci) Fi , Fire & Sword things ...... since my early childhood

now I'm in a middle of it , so I'm expecting several decades more of enjoying in these genres

I know. Need to get back to speaks. Busy with amps. LOve movies and their ability to convey a message. Books the same. It's a beautiful life.
Old 4th January 2013, 11:29 PM   #9365
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
.................................................. .....

Hey Vat69 is blend no single malt by the way

.......but perhaps El Pappa prefers a blend!
Old 4th January 2013, 11:31 PM   #9366
diyAudio Member

Hey that about the Brunello is realy true being there and yes goes wery well with wild game

Any Italian wine need to be left to rest open for a while going is 1/2 hour for each year of age past 3 and up to 5 hours for older ones.

Want funny story about vino

RUINS - Fire! (1984) - YouTube
Ask Brian Ferry if he remember ending up under a table whith those dudes in 1986 at the
Lido Festa del Cinema we where drinking Barbera
Old 4th January 2013, 11:31 PM   #9367
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianco View Post
Can you remove the thumbnail? It would please me if you can.

Thanks ZM.
will beg Mod to do that

edit time vanished

Old 4th January 2013, 11:39 PM   #9368
diyAudio Member

Wich remind me sumtink

But I think I have found a worty one at last near by
I am always scared to how bad a botle of vine can be if not stored properly or how bad it does travel on a plane especialy the white ones (vines)
Old 5th January 2013, 03:46 PM   #9369
diyAudio Member

Many thanks ZM....what it is to have POWER!!

I remember that bottle well! It went down very well with some Peccorino cheese which was also from the monastry on top of the hill!!

@RV

How is the poetry coming on? Have to be frank by saying that I prefer Yeats...or even Dante!!
Old 5th January 2013, 04:10 PM   #9370
stajo is offline stajo  Sweden
diyAudio Member

You can remove my thumbnails any beautiful day. I wont reveale ****. Anyway I just had a thing going under single malts called B.N.J. No tar, mildely smokey, still highland springwater taste. What a crap, bring me back some Arbeg 16.

Any winter still? Here is minus 2 and the father of all lost kids just putted his skies in the weather. Anders Carlberg, the converter of skins and the builder of bridges between suburb gangs in the famous "fridge house" passed away. Cya on the barricades Anders, RIP until.

Best
Staffan

Last edited by stajo; 5th January 2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: I edited releave to reveale, does it make a difference?

Hide this!Advertise here!