Something is lurking in the bushes!

Attachments

• IMG_55828637257938.jpeg
    IMG_55828637257938.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 73
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
remember that stainless steel seat pan , I made few months ago ......

tomorrow , after making some copper shims and some riveting , it would not be just pan anymore ....

;)

Attachments

• IMG_2426.jpg
    IMG_2426.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2427.jpg
    IMG_2427.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2425.jpg
    IMG_2425.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2424.jpg
    IMG_2424.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 45
  • SS-seat-pan-2.jpg
    SS-seat-pan-2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 41
  • SS-seat-pan-1.jpg
    SS-seat-pan-1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 69
  • RosieTheRiveter.jpg
    RosieTheRiveter.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
stainless steel seat pan

Dang. Thats a proper cowboy *** parking. Didnt know you were such a handy stitcher.

Well today, eventually, when I have draged this *** out of bed whith the handy help of a coffee black as a moonless night, I will get the same over to buddys garage and manufacture some meterlong gearshift bar. My left foot will be at centre of the rear wheel and that is not where the gearbox is unfortunately. Uni(sex)ballz make my day.

:rofl:

sissy FW case , no less .......

(Moi wrote what I'm doing , couldn't guess what's on your picture ....... )

Ok, I was wondering what that was about. :p You were having your own show-and-tell.

About the "sissy FW case". I wrote it here a few weeks ago, I could not resist the urge to get the FW clone chassi, because I have been drooling over those amps for years now. They just look so good. Also, I remember reading about someone who got too large heatsinks, that cooled the mosfets too much. Maybe I am a little paranoid, but I wanted as close replica as possible. Even the trimpots are the same, but multi-turn trimpots would have been more practical. The difference is I used IRFP240, IRFP9240 and LS74 and 2SK170. I guess this will change it from the original much more than any chassi would.
The JFETS are not very well matched, 12mA vs 9 mA, but I don't hear any problem as long as the offset = 0.001V. I set the voltage over the O.47 ohm resistor to 0.610-0.620V.

Nice seat!

Attachments

• DSC_0085.jpg
    DSC_0085.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if nothing else , nice tips about deciphering how to choose flying/stationary bearings on crank and crankshafts - wakoo Honda standardization

in fact , not wakoo - just plain good engineering practice , so seeing everywhere fully torn apart CB750 engines and selling parts to naive suckers looks as even greater hoax/sacrilege/blindleadingblind exercise