The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread - Page 894 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th November 2012, 11:42 AM   #8931
diyAudio Member

Do they have proper Bic lighters in transilvania?

And for proper cleaning sand blasting is best (that is proper manly way as one get somebody else to do it)

It's post marriage that spoil a bloke as one get uset to certain standard of living and then this get taken away with most if not all of the rest.
I will alwayse remember half a toilet roll that was left bheind and this disturbed me quite deeply as you al know

One thing is for shure, beeing living in sinn for past 15 years, one wuld never start cleaning lighter holders on nice ceramic tiles work top, that is just the kind of thing that is going to hunt one for rest of his life and can and will be used a clear sign of mental cruelty

Last edited by Bksabath; 24th November 2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 24th November 2012, 11:46 AM   #8932
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
And how is Brianco doing?
Floded again / soldering SMD caps/ other
delete as aplicable

Thanks for the concern Red Volvo......just flooded again. No fishing and the season has only 6 days to go. 40%+ of possible fishing days have been flooded this year. To do with Global Warming ...some think.....ZM's heatsinks should cure that though.

re: the SMD caps I can:

a) buy a smaller iron and have a go [], or
b) pay a local electronics company to do the job properly.[]

Easy choice as Option a) would of necessity require a visit to the optician and vast resultant cost! Plus, at my age, I would have to give up coffee and booze for two weeks before even opening the packet.

I already know which way I am going to tackle this ....what would I do with a small iron anyway? : [I already have a virtually new heavy iron - one which was used just once on heavy cable.]
Old 24th November 2012, 11:49 AM   #8933
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianco View Post
Beginner, Newbie, whatever........24 months?! So, you are a kid....with sense though. You gave up. But real men don't bear their pain in public, especially here!

Some of us have been facing this struggle for nigh on 50 years....you have some way to go.

ZM: Poppel make a better alternative.
A real man wouldn't care what other people think or be embarrassed to talk about it, especially something like smoking which at least in Australia is not a taboo topic.

I have some way to go? whats that supposed to mean? get off the tobacco and stop being so silly.

Last edited by freax; 24th November 2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 24th November 2012, 11:52 AM   #8934
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
it seems marriage spoiled ya all

looking at pics of heatsinks, all what they are talking is - about cleaning .....

nobody asked for thermal capacity , intended purpose , rest of case

Meh, heatsinks don't get me wet. :P
Old 24th November 2012, 11:54 AM   #8935
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks for the concern Red Volvo......just flooded again. No fishing and the season has only 6 days to go. 40%+ of possible fishing days have been flooded this year. To do with Global Warming ...some think.....ZM's heatsinks should cure that though.

re: the SMD caps I can:

a) buy a smaller iron and have a go [], or
b) pay a local electronics company to do the job properly.[]

Easy choice as Option a) would of necessity require a visit to the optician and vast resultant cost! Plus, at my age, I would have to give up coffee and booze for two weeks before even opening the packet.

I already know which way I am going to tackle this ....what would I do with a small iron anyway? : [I already have a virtually new heavy iron - one which was used just once on heavy cable.]
Well or you can just pop down here and I do that for you while we listen to R2
Old 24th November 2012, 11:57 AM   #8936
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freax View Post
A real man wouldn't care what other people think or be embarrassed to talk about it, especially something like smoking which at least in Australia is not a taboo topic.

I have some way to go? whats that supposed to mean? get off the tobacco and stop being so silly.

I'm pretty sure someone just got tazed outside, try living where I live for a week.
wow easy tigher
PUB RULES
MIX TABACCO with used tyres (if one can't get better) and re read last few posts
Old git was only joking....

About stop being silly no that is big NO NO be even more silly if you can this is place for it

Last edited by Bksabath; 24th November 2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 24th November 2012, 11:59 AM   #8937
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
wow easy tigher
PUB RULES
MIX TABACCO with used tyres (if one can't get better) and re read last few posts
Old git was only joking....
I smoked white ox for 6 months, I know what used tyres smell like :P

Good to hear that he was only joking, but I hate that kind of humor if he was, its almost like they're trying to change who I am, as if I'm not allowed to be what I want to be? Those kind of people can go and get f----- as far as I'm concerned.

I'm on top of the world.

Last edited by freax; 24th November 2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:00 PM   #8938
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Quote:

Good advice, but forgive me for saying that you seem to have missed a lot of the reason for this thread, but then there are none so righteous as the newly converted.

Last edited by brianco; 24th November 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:06 PM   #8939
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Good advice, but forgive me for saying that you seem to have missed a lot of the reason for this thread, but then there are none so righteous as the newly converted.
You're on my **** list.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:14 PM   #8940
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I smoked white ox for 6 months, I know what used tyres smell like :P

Good to hear that he was only joking, but I hate that kind of humor if he was, its almost like they're trying to change who I am, as if I'm not allowed to be what I want to be? Those kind of people can go and get f----- as far as I'm concerned.

I'm on top of the world.
Sorry if pub stile get you wound up al meant in good spirit no malice here
From your nick one presume quite open atitude to humor, my mistake and apolologies.

One a serious note does it happens quite often that people try to change you?

Hide this!Advertise here!