The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Thanks Jacco - that is a kind offer! The days of 'bottomless cracks' (unless you have a good supplier) have been superseded here in the heartland of Scottish technology!

I can now vapourise a stationary target sitting on a Pole ........... that's how advanced its become under Mr Salmond's leadership! [He wishes]

So unless you want to see him disappear into a puff of green steam I would not bother. He certainly would not need holding down. But - now that I think of the options - I could rent him out before vaporisation.......and you may know if that will require skilled holding down.

Last edited:
hey hey dodos. In my part of the world when this happens you tell others.

Ack! My eyes, it's so bright I'm going blind :D

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-05-30 at 1.20.37 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-05-30 at 1.20.37 PM.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 90
Speaking of sunglasses, I bought my first pair of polarized. Now I see what the fuss is about. I kinda understood the idea behind them but hadn't had the chance to experience it. TBH these are a $10 pair of plastic glasses that have very good optic qualities as well as being polarized. I wore glasses for 20 plus years (before I did the laser thing) so I understand quality and I have have some Ray Ban's I can use them to compare and I gotta say I am taken aback. So much so that I have to keep an eye on my wife to make sure they don't go out the door when she does. She has all these fancy dancy girly glasses but fell in love with these like I did. I went back to the store and you guessed it, I seemed to have bought the last pair. I actually got them at a Sears warehouse clearance centre, or whatever they're called. You know the place. Scratch and dent or so ugly not even the mother loves it.

It has even reached our part of Scotland. Extremely bright. More lumens in the shade than we usually get in direct light. I wear bi-focal polaroids with prescription lenses for fishing……..expensive but well worth it. Only problem is old age means a new set of lenses as eyesight gets even longer. 10 years ago I used to wear a pair of polaroids over normal glasses. That worked but was a pain in the **** in practice, but I now have some Zeiss lenses in a clip-on for driving _ especially at night. These really help cut glare from on-comming traffic.

@Mighty One, the only ZM:

Suspect he is up a family tree!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I'm here mates!!!! I have managed to get one of my kidnappers cell phones and text out a quick message -but I have to hurry before they get back.

These guy's are demanding a ransom for my release - please send all available funds to my Pay-Ya-Later-Buddy account..... I figure that between all of you I might be able to raise maybe $5 dollars U.S....... Unless you toss in day's worth of your bar tab and if that happens I should be able to afford a nice Benz or a little red Audi.... :D:D:D

Let me offer you a bit of a warning - Cal haz spies everywhere here in the America's and I think that ZM has most of Europe covered....

Cal now know's the names of my neighbors and the color of their cars and I'm surprised that he didn't see that moon I was shooting the satellite when it flew over!!! :eek:

Thanks for sending out the search party!! Please - pay my ransom soon!! :cheers:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
dumb yank , urging us to perform mega-chase .......

good to know that you are still not hanging on family tree , for real :rofl:

correction - I'm having covered most of Europe and FW/PL micro-cosmoses .......

I'm having some 56 books for ya , so shoot me an email to >sasica5@gmail.com< , to give you a link for DL

for stress relieve - post 10 wienerdoggie pics

He picks up the phone and hears a shaky Canadian accent...T-T-Thomas?

Yeeesss...

Oh thank goodness, blah blah blah worried blah blah blah Pass Pub blah blah blah where ya bin? blah blah blah never been so happy to hear a stranger's voice blah blah blah... well you guys know how it went.

We spent the better part of 20 minutes catching up on old times which is kinda funny, never having spoken before but it's true, when I go visit I feel like I know all the neighbours including the cop and fireman, the baker, the gunny, the nuclear physicist, the surgeon, the fisherman, the shoe repairman and the travel agent and of course their wives and partners.

It was fun Thomas, we should do it again soon. Now smarten the **** up and stop worrying us like that.