The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread - Page 490 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th April 2012, 02:38 PM   #4891
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
OT as nex subject called
Back to red Bottoms

Got it and now I can go to have spatcha (sleep)
Bksabath..... Nice ride! Here's my last completed project--a 1964 Jaguar Fixed-Head Coupe...... I just finished full restoration. For a 6-cylinder, it runs really well....

The instrumentation and "electrics" are Lucas. The saying among Jaguar owners.....: "Why do the British drink warm beer?"......

The response: "Because they have Lucas refrigerators....!"

Wiring an F5X ought to be easy, after rennovating an XK-E dashboard....!

Now, back to other "off topic" topics....!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jag (Mar 12)-078.jpg (219.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Jag (Mar 12)-030.jpg (224.6 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Jag (Mar 12)-072.jpg (205.4 KB, 53 views)
Old 8th April 2012, 02:44 PM   #4892
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianco View Post
Just be careful not to use your high speed connection too quickly when down by the docks!
Ta for the warning. Having been in the Navy for a bit I have seen my share of both good and bad docks - and sometimes the neighborhood they are in.

Visited Venice a couple of times and tied up right downtown. Wonderful place to visit. I think I had the worlds best calamari at one of the restaurants there.

Remembering the Irish part of my bloodline I decided to listen to one of my favorite Irish singers today. Van Morrison - Candy Dulfer Live Rockpalast - YouTube

Not the best audio quality (fair) - but a good show and some great music.

Cheers!!!
Old 8th April 2012, 02:54 PM   #4893
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAm Man View Post
Here's my last completed project--a 1964 Jaguar Fixed-Head Coupe...... I just finished full restoration. For a 6-cylinder, it runs really well....
WoW!!!!! Really GREAT job CanAm Man!!!! I was lead to believe that getting the carb's synced was a *itch and of course the electrical system in the Jag's and MG's are famous for driving their owners and garage mechanics NUTS!!!!!!

That baby looks to be in concourse condition - are you gonna show her?

Congratulations!!!!!
Old 8th April 2012, 02:57 PM   #4894
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2cthomas View Post
"scrubbers" movie
Dike alert !!

Myself, i'm more of a slapper (though in general, i slap women differently)
Oops, 70, have to start censoring my foul language habits around here.

Last year, at the ETF, Martina Schoener's Garrard 401 sounded wonderfull, spent quite a few hours listening to the TT and Mr Gerhard's works.
Problem with building/rebuilding worthwhile turntables is the arm/cartridge upgrade (e.g. in the Loricraft 401, the Naim Aro arm and Lyra Skala cartridge add +$6K easily to the final outcome)
Old 8th April 2012, 03:06 PM   #4895
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacco vermeulen View Post
Last year, at the ETF, Martina Schoener's Garrard 401 sounded wonderfull, spent quite a few hours listening to the TT and Mr Gerhard's works.
Problem with building/rebuilding worthwhile turntables is the arm/cartridge upgrade (e.g. in the Loricraft 401, the Naim Aro arm and Lyra Skala cartridge add +$6K easily to the final outcome)
That $6K is not a problem for me in the least Jacco. It is sooooooo far out of the equation that I don't even have to spend anytime whatsoever considering it. Just grab a good needle out of mum's sewing kit and toss it in there - good to go!!! (Is that screaming I hear going on? Crying?)

As to the Dike Alert - well Rotterdam has some very nice ones there - as I'm sure you are well aware of. I got to see those on a couple of visits there as well.

Last edited by c2cthomas; 8th April 2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 8th April 2012, 03:55 PM   #4896
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacco vermeulen View Post
Dike alert !!

Myself, i'm more of a slapper (though in general, i slap women differently)
Oops, 70, have to start censoring my foul language habits around here.

When at sea everyone has to take their turn I,m told. some I gather like the roll play and stick with it.

I would like to hear that set-up. I have a pair of Joachim Gerhard's Sonics speakers and they are wonderful, uncoloured and no exaggerations. You need to add a few more bucks for his head amp/eq in Martina's setup.
Old 8th April 2012, 04:05 PM   #4897
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2cthomas View Post
.......getting the carb's synced...... are you gonna show her?

Congratulations!!!!!
Thanks for the kind words..... seems as though I'm bouncing from one project to another....and I though retirement was going to be RELAXING....!

As for sync'ing the carbs..... I cheat..... a great little tool for doing the hard work.....

As for showing the XK-E..... Probably so--there are some tractor pulls later this summer, and I plan on entering the Jag in the "British Car That Runs Most of the Time" category....(!).....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jag 14.jpg (306.9 KB, 47 views)
Old 8th April 2012, 04:08 PM   #4898
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Quote:
Bksabath..... Nice ride! Here's my last completed project--a 1964 Jaguar Fixed-Head Coupe...... I just finished full restoration. For a 6-cylinder, it runs really well....

The instrumentation and "electrics" are Lucas. The saying among Jaguar owners.....: "Why do the British drink warm beer?"......

The response: "Because they have Lucas refrigerators....!"

Wiring an F5X ought to be easy, after rennovating an XK-E dashboard....!

Now, back to other "off topic" topics....!
VERY very sweet! If you think Lucas is bad try a Maserati! Mixed Lucas Bosch Marelli electrics joined up by a knitter who had dropped the wool and a twin plug head and distributor with double rotors! But what a sweet engine. The V12 Jags were a pain as the studs which held the heads down used to corrode badly making any top end work an absolute nightmare. IF you could get them out without damage to heads or block you needed to get high quality SS copies made.
Old 8th April 2012, 04:14 PM   #4899
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianco View Post
I would like to hear that set-up. I have a pair of Joachim Gerhard's Sonics speakers and they are wonderful, uncoloured and no exaggerations. You need to add a few more bucks for his head amp/eq in Martina's setup.
Nah - $600 bucks and some elbow grease - good to go.....

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut - right now enjoying headphones and high speed internet connection and Joe Cocker: The Best of Joe Cocker (Live in Dortmund 1992) - YouTube

The high speed internet connection crack being in there for Jacco's entertainment.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Walsh5 Remake Dec 2010.jpg (297.3 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by c2cthomas; 8th April 2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 8th April 2012, 04:20 PM   #4900
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
As for showing the XK-E..... Probably so--there are some tractor pulls later this summer, and I plan on entering the Jag in the "British Car That Runs Most of the Time" category....(!).....
Well - if the electrical and carbs are sorted out you at least have a chance!!!

Hell - the electric wuz f'ed up on my English 10 speed and all it had was a headlight and tail light run off of one of those little generator thingy's that rubbed against the front wheel. Want to have more light to see where you are going???? Peddle faster mate!!!!

Hide this!Advertise here!