The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Stig recommends that you air them out for awhile :D:D:D
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/142015-my-open-baffle-dipole-beyma-tpl-150-a-38.html

Drink up sixpax while you listen.....
´
On my third and still no bass to brag about. Fu Manchu is working on them. I brokem in with a 12 v toroid for about 2 weeks but they are still a lil stiffy.

Drunktesting with zobels

2*11 W is more then enough for 70 squarebobs room. From 12AU7 to12AX7 to 12AT7

corpses

Peace
Staffan

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Look at her left hand and look at the smile on my face.

Some things never change.

Thankfully I not yet at Willy Nelson's stage yet. :)

As a matter of fact I did spot that - I wuz just testing ya to see if you noticed!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ps - I have a little eye test for you to look at - but I don't think I can post it at diyAudio without winding up in one of the bad actors bin's... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
´
On my third and still no bass to brag about. Fu Manchu is working on them. I brokem in with a 12 v toroid for about 2 weeks but they are still a lil stiffy.

Peace
Staffan

I think I might have a helpful suggestion concerning your lack of bass Staffan - put ALL of the tubz inta da amplifier YA DUMMY!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• Steffans Amp missing two tubes.jpg
    Steffans Amp missing two tubes.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 64
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Alas, it seems the time has come to pass on the rubber baton to a younger generation.
Though hard, i have to face the natural order and view it as a progression of life. (aka Help, i'm a goner)

Don't be to concerned yet Jacco - he wuz talking about the paint finish on hiz speaker cabs.... So - you are still #1 in the rubber underwear department for now.... :D:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
With all the rain we are having the streams and rivers are overflowing....a lot of flooding ......and of course the water is even dirtier than our tub!:mad: BUT it is warmer!

In fact the rivers are unfishable and I am bored.....I wish those spaceships would return!

:eek::D:D:D

I have just received a warning note from a good friend about the very dangerous Tourettes Fish. Usually found in the more tropical climates it can be temperamental and display severe passive aggressive behavior (behaviour) if cornered. Due to the rather warm Gulf Stream this year fishermen in Europe are warned to be on the look out and be prepared should this species of fish wind up on your line..... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Tourettes Fish.jpg
    Tourettes Fish.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 60