The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• Homer - Sirens of the Odyssey.jpg
    Homer - Sirens of the Odyssey.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 83
No, it is something that I invented. Apparently nobody else has thought of it.

:cool:
OK then. Folded cascode with local feedback.
What happened to the circlotron output stage Nelson? Did it not sound as good as a tweaked N/P channel source-follower stage with paralleled current sources?
I know these SIT's are new and exciting but when are you also going to start playing with laterals?

Last edited:
No.

F6 gets perfect matching of like polarities without isolated supplies.

I have 2,000 laterals sitting on the floor next to my bench.

:cool:

Damnation. Hahahaha

Nice. Can't wait to see that one.

Alright. Now you are talking. I love them.

A balanced BA3 front end connected to a circlotron (source follower) using laterals is what I have been thinking of.

OK Zen Mod
I already have the Seas FR.
I went 12 rounds with myself and lost so I decided to take a chance on something that could be very special. It is an 8" coaxial with a 1 inch compression driver.
Thinking then to mate it with dual 12" drivers (don't really like 15" drivers) per channel, in open baffle.
However I am really dumb so I am thinking of trying 1.5.5 way if you catch my drift. Not duel .5 but two first order low pass filters at different frequencies (eg 300Hz for one woofer and 150Hz for the other woofer). With open baffle it is very easy to play
I have no idea what I am doing but it is amazing what you can achieve with very little knowledge just buy using your ears and gut instinct ideas.

Last edited: