The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
That is good to know:cool:.....dealing with a dummy is one thing, but with a singed dummy another thing entirely.;)

I only ever got one nasty electrical shock. We were at sea at the time and I had the equipment drawer extended all the way out from the rack so it was "wobbling" and shacking around pretty good in sympathy with the ships vibrations and we were taking some pretty good rolls as well. My hand slipped off of the test point and I came into contact with +600VDC B+ on a big tube thingy. Fortunately I had my wrist deliberately in firm contact with the front of the drawer so I only got a short shot from fingers to wrist. Much better than the 100KV a buddy of mine took :eek: (and is still here to tell the story).

"Not many people around - are there?" as one tiger said to another walking down Bond Street.:rolleyes:
Most of the young bucks are out doing family things and having fun with friends I suppose. Spring is in the air and the gurlz are wearing those skimpy light cloths and jiggling about so the boyz are off sniffing the air and hoping the kids are so tired out that they will fall asleep early (and soundly).

But on the good side of things I think I might have come up with a way to overcome those mass inertia problems inherent to linear tone arms - some experiments are in order!!!! :whacko:

Yeh, hot weather certainly gets the silicone moving!:rolleyes: We have had the first warm day for a few weeks...edged the grass, sat out with a friend and smoked a few cigarettes...talked about big salmon. Got in touch with my feminine side by brewing a couple of jars of coffee and a pot of tea!:) Had a post removed on an Aikido thread for being "poisonal"....Officer Obie again!!:D

My worst electric shocks have been from tube equipment. A Radford TT 100 was the worst of them! Not in the same league as the high power stuff...just 375 ish!:mad:

ZM obviously playing Turkish guitar!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Yeh, hot weather certainly gets the silicone moving!:rolleyes: We have had the first warm day for a few weeks...edged the grass, sat out with a friend and smoked a few cigarettes...talked about big salmon. Got in touch with my feminine side by brewing a couple of jars of coffee and a pot of tea!:) Had a post removed on an Aikido thread for being "poisonal"....Officer Obie again!!:D
I would have loved to go read that - but it's hard to read stuff that has been removed..... Gee - I hope that isn't to personal...... :rolleyes:

My worst electric shocks have been from tube equipment. A Radford TT 100 was the worst of them! Not in the same league as the high power stuff...just 375 ish!:mad:

ZM obviously playing Turkish guitar!

ZM sucking on Turkish hookah and belly dancing. :eek::eek::eek: I wish I hadn't said that - now I have a horrible image of his harry navel winking at me...... Oh - wait a second - that wuz Jacco!!! :D:D:D

Attachments

• Barny Miller with tat's.jpg
    Barny Miller with tat's.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Male Belly Dancer.JPG
    Male Belly Dancer.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 84
Joined 2006
Paid Member
SOOO- that is what Opie looks like.....no wonder Arlo was not afraid to dump the garbage

Think ZM is on fire....he should have taken your advice on soldering...obviously been playing with smds and a butane solder gun the plumber left behind...NOT:cool:

Not to worry - juz sum smoke from hooka thingy - I think that Jacco is keeping it stoked up while ZM is dancing around on da stage.... :D:D:D

Attachments

• ZM smooch.jpg
    ZM smooch.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 90