The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hardly......! :D

My youngest Sister was a showgirl in Vegas and still looks as if she is 25, so I have a lot of respect for both men and women that can keep themselves looking great. Sis is blessed because she works at staying in shape - but she doesn't have to really bust her rear-end to do it. She believes that diet and nutrition are half of the battle and she really knows her stuff in that department. Plus - along with her great looks is a great business head!! She can't tell one sports team from another - but ask her how the business is doing and stand back.

You two look like a wonderful couple - annnnnnnnd you get to play around with hot cars too. Ahhhhhhhh - life is good!!!! :D:D:D

:DHey weky weky
Tanks for tracks
Managed to "try" to listen to those.

At times one track make a movie and a movie make a track...
Deliverance - Banjo Duel - YouTube
:D
PS stop encouraging that CanAm Man felow he is gona post pictures of amplifiers he makes next.

Last time it was a couple of week worth Just for couple of VU meters.:D
Where does he find the time?

(Just in case... you know I am joking inspirational to see CanAm posts still can't help ones made of flesh and bone being litle tyni wini Jelous):D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I told her that I was Just ceking out c2 traks.

I think that one of the main reasons I was put on earth is to provide other guy excuses for [fill in the blank] when nabbed by SWMBO. My buddies just say - Oh, I wuz doing stuff with Tom - or Tom started it - or Tom told me about it, etc., etc., etc. It has always been this way for as long as I can remember - like when my buddy Billy and I got caught playing "spaceman" in his mum's spin dryer - we thought that it made a swell space capsule!!!! The really odd thing is that it was around 1952 - well before humans started throwing things up into space.

Sooooooooo - here is a long one to listen to - you will be sure to get caught - so think up something to make it my fault before you get started.
Pink Floyd HD - PULSE Full Concert (Live at Earls Court, 1994) - YouTube

I'm listening to this one right now. Lucky day - both of the girls have gone shopping!!!! So the good news is that I get to fire up the audio system with real speakers while they are gone. The bad news is that by the time they return from shopping that I may not be able to afford the electric utility bill next month........... :rolleyes:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Pink Floyd - Live in Venice (Full Version) - YouTube

How is this for a venue?
Naturaly I missed it

Well - if it's Pink Floyd and available on the 'net I've watched it. That is a good one - but I like the Pulse concert better because the audio is of higher quality. Pretty decent.

Unfortunately the girls came home from their outing and SWMBO doesn't care for me recreating the "live" sound of the concert in or living room (lounge for some of you). Well damn - I guess that it's back to cleaning out my eardrums by wearing those silly cans on me head....... :D:D:D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• AEb.jpg
    AEb.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 67
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I don't like Pink Floyd live concerts.

One of my full time favourites:

Corina, Corina - Steppenwolf - YouTube
Here is the live recording is better than the studio recording.

And that's how must it's done.

Thanks Gyuri - I'll give that one a listen.

The thing that drives me a bit nuts about the PF concerts is that they use a certain brand of voice microphone - I won't mention any names - that have a certain sound to them (all microphones do have their own sound signature). To me they always sound muffled and rather dead when compared to others of higher quality.

The mixing board can make quite a difference too - and let's not forget the recording engineer - and so on and so on and so on. Sometimes I think it a wonder that we get anything that resembles good audio quality considering all of the twist and turns the signals have made between the microphone and our speakers.:2c:

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Did Albert swipe the Mrs. shoes???? Maybe his gf's???? Maybe his - nevermind....

here is origigi pic I harvested , from local fun posters making site

Jacco will help ya with translation/broader historic context - he's already annoying me with his knowitall yadayada

:rofl:

Attachments

• eeeee-alberte.jpg
    eeeee-alberte.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 81