The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread - Page 24 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 12:37 AM   #231
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
You're not too far off

http://class-a-labs.com/amps3.html


Magura
I really like the philosophy page -- very Zen!

JJ
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 12:40 AM   #232
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
Zen Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ancient Batsch , behind Iron Curtain
Quote:
Originally posted by jupiterjune


I really like the philosophy page -- very Zen!

JJ

yup .....

my bad influence ........



(primary seen in that that he'll never finish anything ...... )

__________________
my Papa is smarter than your Nelson !
clean thread; Cook Book;PSM LS Cook Book;Baby DiyA ;Mighty ZM's Bloggg;Papatreasure;Papa... by Mighty ZM
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 01:41 PM   #233
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
Zen Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ancient Batsch , behind Iron Curtain
Default is it good to have a friends ?



cell phone rang today .... my friend called me from flea market - with question - "do you need some old AlNiCo drek?"

ZM , as always , in collecting mood .....

is 25 Euro too much for Saba/Lorentz mix 'n' match ?

these biggies are 12"

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lorenz i saba.jpg (95.4 KB, 373 views)
__________________
my Papa is smarter than your Nelson !
clean thread; Cook Book;PSM LS Cook Book;Baby DiyA ;Mighty ZM's Bloggg;Papatreasure;Papa... by Mighty ZM
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 04:53 PM   #234
gl is offline gl  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sierra Foothills - California
Hey ZM,

It's great to get those calls!.

But I don't see any decent looking stereo pairs in that group. I think 25 euros is a bit much.

If you came to BA 2009 you could probably score some awesome stuff for less.

Graeme
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 05:25 PM   #235
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
Zen Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ancient Batsch , behind Iron Curtain
Quote:
Originally posted by gl
Hey ZM,

It's great to get those calls!.

But I don't see any decent looking stereo pairs in that group. I think 25 euros is a bit much.

If you came to BA 2009 you could probably score some awesome stuff for less.

Graeme

just that one in upper left corner in pic isn't paired

BAF ....... who knows

but some say that friendship there is most valuable ......

who need da hardware .......
__________________
my Papa is smarter than your Nelson !
clean thread; Cook Book;PSM LS Cook Book;Baby DiyA ;Mighty ZM's Bloggg;Papatreasure;Papa... by Mighty ZM
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 06:28 PM   #236
Magura is offline Magura  Denmark
diyAudio Member
 
Magura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Denmark, Viborg
Quote:
Originally posted by Zen Mod



yup .....

my bad influence ........



(primary seen in that that he'll never finish anything ...... )


Well, I just don't ever finish anything for myself

But that's about to change.....boards machined by Sunday, got the workshop all by myself till Monday morning

Had some trouble with spacing, as the smallest end mill I'm comfortable with, is 1mm in diameter, that's not quite small enough to make it with a standard layout.


Magura
__________________
Everything is possible....to do the impossible just takes a little while longer.
www.class-a-labs.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 07:33 PM   #237
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
Zen Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ancient Batsch , behind Iron Curtain
Quote:
Originally posted by Magura



Well, I just don't ever finish anything for myself

But that's about to change.....boards machined by Sunday, got the workshop all by myself till Monday morning

Had some trouble with spacing, as the smallest end mill I'm comfortable with, is 1mm in diameter, that's not quite small enough to make it with a standard layout.


Magura

me wanna porn , ya kwayzee MetalBoy .....

__________________
my Papa is smarter than your Nelson !
clean thread; Cook Book;PSM LS Cook Book;Baby DiyA ;Mighty ZM's Bloggg;Papatreasure;Papa... by Mighty ZM
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 07:52 PM   #238
diyAudio Member
 
luvdunhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
see, I used the search button, found a thread replied... nothing (yet).. so maybe off-topic gang has an opinion?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...postid=1769988

in case you didn't click on that... I have some boards that I'm going to mount to a heat sink using L-brackets... seems the thicker the better and if I can cover the entire heat sink, that's good too.. that was my theory, and there are 1-2 people who think perhaps that makes sense... but what about off-topic gang?
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 08:15 PM   #239
Magura is offline Magura  Denmark
diyAudio Member
 
Magura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Denmark, Viborg
Quote:
Originally posted by luvdunhill
see, I used the search button, found a thread replied... nothing (yet).. so maybe off-topic gang has an opinion?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...postid=1769988

in case you didn't click on that... I have some boards that I'm going to mount to a heat sink using L-brackets... seems the thicker the better and if I can cover the entire heat sink, that's good too.. that was my theory, and there are 1-2 people who think perhaps that makes sense... but what about off-topic gang?

Unless you have some heatsinks with a skimpy backbone, an 8 mm bracket will do just fine. For most applications, even 5mm will do.

If you wanna go all the way, use copper.

Come to think of it, me thinks copper is nice


Magura
__________________
Everything is possible....to do the impossible just takes a little while longer.
www.class-a-labs.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 08:16 PM   #240
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
Zen Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ancient Batsch , behind Iron Curtain
Quote:
Originally posted by luvdunhill
see, I used the search button, found a thread replied... nothing (yet).. so maybe off-topic gang has an opinion?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...postid=1769988

in case you didn't click on that... I have some boards that I'm going to mount to a heat sink using L-brackets... seems the thicker the better and if I can cover the entire heat sink, that's good too.. that was my theory, and there are 1-2 people who think perhaps that makes sense... but what about off-topic gang?

thicker ......... but not too thick .....

dumb ........ but I'm always dumber ........



good ole L profile , also known as Winkel ,

40x40x4 mm always seems good enough

just look on pics of Papa's old Alephs , and some other hot amps ;

what you wanna see as "enough meat" , is certainly good for your amp too .
__________________
my Papa is smarter than your Nelson !
clean thread; Cook Book;PSM LS Cook Book;Baby DiyA ;Mighty ZM's Bloggg;Papatreasure;Papa... by Mighty ZM
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:19 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2