The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

He is truely spot on here in my opinion, lots of solid, true wisdom here to be had, this video basically says it all!
🎷🙂🎸

And we Gotta love the youtube comment:
”I disagree with rule 10. Its NOT about having fun. Its about having mean-spirited venomus arguments with strangers on the internet”

🙂🙂🙂🤚

Hey there Steve!
🙂

Your new video about Atmos. 🙂👍

You are right. Of cource. But. Well?
What?? 🙂

Thing is, you simply can not beat a expertly set up stereo system. That sound image, that physcal full scale presence. That bass definition and that pure scull cracking power and un faked musicality. It is simply impossible to beat.

Do the toe tap? Head bob? Happy tears?

Yea well 😎

But. A expertly tuned surround sound system can actually be on pair with such a stereo system.

You can tune it to the point that you WlLL have to check your preamp to know if it is classc Stereo or ATMOS playing.

That is how good a surround system can be. At its absolute best.

But i can tell you: A super musically tuned ATMOS system is a shockingly beautiful powerful force of nature.

Behold the movie Top Gun Maveric with all of your senses, or listen and feel the movie Dune.

The soundtrack king: Hans Zimmer movie music.

In a top tuned STEREO system you have got twin brothers in tandem: Chillin and giving you the gold.

In a top tuned ATMOS system you have got at least SEVEN brothers working in tandem: Chillin and giving you shockingly amounts of the incredible dynamic gold.

Now. Thats my opinion on this subject.
🎷🙂🎸

Last edited:
Hey there, all you HiFi music dudes and tone deaf LoFi dudes. 🙂

I will try to share some crazy/fun/good/bad stuff here, a little now and then.

As long as The Zen is not going Josef/Adolf on me in his own party thread…
🔥🙂🔥

Well? He is chill so Here is the true music. Truely, and absolutely top of the top notch sound mix.

Live or not live: Absolute top world class sound.

Does this sound bad, un-powerful, paper thin, mid range shouty and treble harch?

Of course it is not. So truely Enjoy!!!🙂🤚

So how do you for real do it?

Digital Streamer? **** off.
Digital D/A? **** off.
Well?

1. Buy the best TV you would want to pay for: OLED and AmbiLED. = HDMI out.

2. Buy the best surround sound amp with preamp out that you could want to pay for. = HDMI in.

And there you have it: Only add amplifiers and speakers.

Build it. Build them! 🎷🙂🎸

As you probably already understand i am extremely far from the standard angry, always negative, party pooper kind of dude.

And i am even further from that the slick, smooth, sweet, false and lying standard stinky boss butt crack licker deluxe kind of dude.

So… 😇

Zen.

Thats a example of a extremely underwelming mix and recording?

🙂🤚