The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

I'm very much aware that I think way differently, speak/write very differently, am a tough act to follow by many. It's been posted as such by several folks over the years, including some of you.
Rare few understand what I post/write, Mr Wurcer is one, Chris Bobiak a second example, both individuals with a keen and open mind.

At your service, binned I missed that??? I assume you are still following up on that advice from "The Graduate".

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
@Stajodude

well , finished alterations of hand drill , will complete entire thingie these days , and will post few pics

as I said - Accu drill connected to chuck shaft of olde hand drill , then shaft where hand lever was placed is output shaft , rotating main (mighty) spindle

basically , accu drill is having approx. 550 rot./min. and olde hand drill is nothing else than 7:1 gear/reductor

Last edited:
Happy Easter every one of you Dodos! :)

Attachments

• IMG_2212.JPG
    IMG_2212.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 94
Do you dream Brian?

I'm omw home from the old lands. While there I did a little history jumpin, took the car and went searching my roots. The year 1618 a little boy opened his blue the first time on the island Kållandsö. His name was Måns Arvidsson and growing up he became the areas farm bailiff, employed by the King. He went by the name Svarte Måns (Black Måns). Here is the little farm Svartmanstorp where the descendants lived on. He is 9 generations from me. IMG_1749.jpg

Do you dream Brian?

...... home from the old lands. While there I did a little history jumpin, took the car and went searching my roots. ........

I've told c2c often enough to be very aware of doing "family tree" research!

My Father also warned my Mother likewise! "Don't try to research the family tree as all you will find is that it is not so long since you left it!"

:D:D:D

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 98
NEVER once dreamt of being on a seagoing boat....I - when young - suffered very badly from motion sickness. :eek::eek::eek:

Yet having said that I spent a few days in France near to Dieppe staying with a great guy in a vast house - he was an Audio fanatic [He had some classic gear, Nak Dragon TT, Audio Note amps (etc etc and loved music.) He was also an ex racing driver and then worked as a test driver for Alpine.

My return to England was by ferry from Dieppe. I got my car on board, went to the dining room and had a big, formal lunch and a bottle of Burgundy. The ferry left the harbour into a wind that was to become Gale Force 9. Even the staff were vomiting....me? I stood in the bar looking out over the bows of the ferry as it was buried under massive waves. I drunk a few pints of Irish Stout :drink::drink:and felt so exhilarated and even happy....no trace of sickness, so I consider myself cured.

I have also spent a lot of time flyfishing for salmon in Scottish and Irish lochs when the wind has been very high....10-14' choppy waves. Never worried me, but always I was fishing whilst the gillie (guide) looked after the drifting boat. Once we counted seven waterspouts and thought it too risky to continue, moored the boat to the closest land and walked back to the house.

I have dreamt - once - of catching so many salmon that the 14' boat sunk!!!!:cool:

But I am very aware and anxious of the sea due to being aware of its immense power. :yell:

When I was sailing the Atlantic outside west africa, I was struggling with my needs trying to stand up and hit the porceline bowl. It was windy and suddenly the cabin window that I was looking thru went under the surface. I then remembered that it was some 4 km deep ocean there. A small chill went thru my bones.