The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

The white mold invaded here to overnight. Awoling work today to get some work done.

Attachments

• IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 145
If you are interested in Hungarian wines, there are a Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_wine
Egri bikavér, (bulls blood of Eger), originated from region 20 of map.
That one on the pic, originated from region 15, Villány.
I'm not an expert of wines at all, but I like mostly red wines from Villány.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I don't see much Hungarian wine here in Cali - the local Trader Joe's has Italian, Spanish, French, Chilean, Australian, Portuguese, but no Hungarian. I'm curious enough to check around and see if anyone stocks a selection. Back in the 80's I remember sampling a wonderful Hungarian red wine that was on the lightish side of the spectrum, with a bouquet reminiscent of fall leaves.

Steenoe, a much missed Danish member who has not been seen here for some long time, is/was very keen on carbon. He built a remarkable circular amp using a lot of C for heat dispersion. It also has other properties which are valuable in terms of micro-vibration damping. But I feel that solid very fine grain solid C may have practical advantages over thin graphine sheeting in the Audio DIY sphere, though I wonder how it would act as a CD platter cover?