ZV9 upper limits???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have put off building this ZEN version due to Babo influence(V5) and subsequent F5 (waiting for transformer). Have P.Daniel's boards waiting along with Loveltecs ...still should I do this ...decisions ,decisions!!!! The wattage limitations cause concern. Are we talking 10watts or what?? Anyone care to comment??? Will the urge never cease???;)

10 Watts? Sounds about right. Maybe a Bi-Amped upper end, w/sub-W or for main Ch W/high eff speakers?
I have done quite a bit of playing around with the Iq/Rsource/Vds and basic DC-AC measurements. The LU1014 device seems to respond properly without ever blowing one up yet. Up to 9W without problems. No comments on the sound though. Wich means, no critical chaising of the elusive distortion canceling/load line curve Santa touch's on in the article...
I've had no trouble getting encouraging results from a 350mA Iq preamp circuit that operates well into the MHz, ie; big CCBOZ, to a 3A PowerAmp circuit, ZV9 on steriods.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The F3 clips at 15 watts, but this is simply a limit of the power supply
and heat sinks.

Conceptually you could build a quite powerful version. The dissipation limit
for the JFET is supposed to be 69 watts, probably submerged in liquid
nitrogen, but there's no reason you can't run them higher than the 5 watts
or so seen in ZV9 and F3. Also, there's no reason you can parallel them.

:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.