Power switch and blue led questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello guys , I just got these power switch and blue led, of course! from bulgin, but I need some inputs on how to set up these beauties.

Attachments

• zen v.4_0033.jpg
    zen v.4_0033.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,210
It's a momentary switch, with bugger-all power capacity, so you need to build a bi-stable circuit to operate a relay. I use the exact same switch in my preamp to torn everything on (except mine as the green centre LED). I can't remember what circuit I used, but if you search the forums for 'bi-stable' circuits I'm sure you will find somthing.
I'm also interested in how the heck you get the back off these switches, as I want to change my green LED for a Blooooooo one :cool:

Hi!

The simplest way to use such a switch (I have nearly the same on my P3A) is with a solid state relais. I use the (new) Finder 26.2.8.230 relais, you don't need any extra parts (the relais gets triggered with a short 230 V burst from your push button). With each trigger action, the relais switches (mechanically!) between on - off - on...

Normally all such relais still required an auxiliary transformer for the voltage burst to trigger the relais, but these new ones can be directly connected to mains...

I don't know if there is a 110V AC version of this relais...

And as for the LED I added a auxiliary winding to my transformer, and connected it with a single rectifying diode in series (not sure, if necessary, since a LED is a diode already...???).

Maybe this helps,

Arndt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.