Paging Mr. Pass, Mr. Pass pull my finger please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am very close to pulling the trigger on a balanced F4 board set in the group buy. I still think in the end I would like to try the F1 with my balanced Aikido headamp/linestage and AN cast Super 12's(on order). I like the theory behind your transconductance amp and full range drivers and I fear that this control will be lost in the F4. I can not afford to build both the F1 and F4 to find out. It does not help my finances when there is a revolution in Thailand where my women is and I need to be, and the coup d'etat here in Canada is making business tight and travel near impossible for both of us. This makes my last remaining DIY effort a tight budget scenario, if possible at all. However, in times like these it is music that gets me through so it is hard to drop my plans.

I like the sound and control of my headphones and the realsim that comes naturally when micro-detail is revealed with a low noise floor. I think the F1 will suit my tastes of hearing what I hear on my cans and not another smudge on the window. It will also cost more to build a balanced F4 anyway, right? I am more of a Lego builder type DIY guy and I am trying to learn so I can PTP a F1 since I cannot find boards for it. Problem is I am working my but off to get back to her and don't have the time to read up on everything. Also, do you think the lack of interest in the F1 lately in because everyone likes lots of drivers or just because we have short attention spans?

I guess what I am asking is, do you have any impressions on the AN Cast Super 12" with the F1 and/or the F4? If not, do have the time and necessary components to help me with a little research? I know I have asked your take on this set-up before, but I will not have the option to build once I return to Thailand so I must prod again. I am not being impatiant, rather I am making my last attemp to get the amp I lust for before I scrap the project. It would help greatly in me choosing whether or not to go ahead with the F4 group buy or cross my finger that someone will get a F1 group buy going. I was also thinking that if any other sites had group buys going you might know who through their requests for permission. The final option is that I forget the amp all together and buy a cheap chip amp and try and convince myself it is as good as it gets for $200.

Any help in pulling my finger would be greatly appreciated as I hope you appreciate my childish play on words. Hey, I am trying to maintain my sense of humour.

David

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Terrence and Phillip must have appeared on South Park again.

At this particular time I have a pair of AN 12's set for quick-mount in the
big open baffles. Actually this is true of all 6 AN drivers. I have a set of curves,
but have yet to find the time to get serious with regard to the listening, but
initially I am doing the work with F3's and F5's. The F4's are sufficiently similar
that I'm not really concerned that the speakers will get better / worse with
them. The F1's will have to wait longer.

:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.