x-350 and x-250 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Let me make sure I've got this right...you've got two amps, and they both make the same sort of noise in the same channel?
I'd look at the preamp, not the amps. It's highly unlikely that both amps would fail in exactly the same way in the same channel at the same time. It's more likely that they're both being fed the same 'pooping' signal by something upline.

Grey

I agree with Grey. Look for trouble along the signal chain, especially with the preamp or CD/source.

If your CD had a digital volume control, feed the CD directly to the amp. If the issue is still there, swap left and right inputs. If the issue persists, but on a different channel then probably the CD.

You should be able to localize the offending hardware pretty quick.

-David

thanks for suggestions

Hey guys,
Thank you very much for your suggestions first of all I meant popping not pooping. Secondly I don't think it is a pre amp issue as I have tried it hooked up to an iPod. As far as sending it to Pass I would love to do that but I've been told that it would cost something like $600 from Canada just for shipping and I simply can't afford this. I would appreciate any qualified repair leads in the Vancouver BC area or any other suggestions might have.
Also I know this is off topic but I am considering two purchases/products and would appreciate your views. First is I have never had a tube amp can you suggest a cheap but great readymade or DIY amp that is a giant killer of sorts and /or really cool looking. Secondly I am considering making a 6 or 8 channel home theatre amp on the cheap out of T class amps either adapting the Trends, the Super T chip, the 41HZ or other to fit in one chassis. I want this great sound/price ratio everyone talks about but a little more power would be great too. Any suggestions?

problem with x250 and 350 solution

I spoke with my Dad "who bought the amps" he found the recipt and called the store in the US where he got them. Long story short they are more than willing to have them examined and fixed and as he is driving down south for the winter he is going to bring them with him. Ah parents rule. Anyway thanks for all your suggestions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.