Calculating Alep-X output and source resistors - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th November 2008, 03:11 PM   #1
Sander is offline Sander  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Calculating Alep-X output and source resistors

Hi, I have recently picked up this project and I want to start ordering parts in the next few weeks. I have calculated with the help of the AX-1-2.xls sheet which source resistors value I must take.

But here is the trouble. I am aiming on 12 FET's per channel, 15V toroid, 7A MAXIMUM bias, with 4 output resistors per side of the channel and a 55% current source. How can I calculate the right value for the 4 output resistors? Kari's board has space for 4 (1"length )output resistors (8 per channel).

KK-PCB schematic says (from which kari has designed it)

- 0.22 Ohm source resistor (schematic has 2 FETS parallel)
- 4x 0.47 output resistors

But I really do not trust the values of KK PCB.

I would like to order my parts at mouser.com. Do you have any recommendations for good output and source resistors. I have read wirewounds are inductive, so in my opinion this is not a good choice. I would like to have the output resistors to fit on the boards, so they must have a maximum length of 1 inch. The source resistors do not matter. They are fitted on the heatsink.

I have added the AX sheet with my parameters. I hope you would like te help me in building this amplifier. THANK YOU!
Attached Files
File Type: zip axe-1-2.xls.zip (17.4 KB, 19 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!