ZEN question inputImpedance Trimpot etc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody,

i have already used the searchfunction but however i didnt find any usable information.
So here are my questions:

What about the inputimpedance of the ZEN? Should it be 4k75 or 47k5 ?

What is the trimpot for?
Do i have to adjust the voltage at the drains to be half the operating voltage?

Regards,
smithers

The input impedance on mine is 47k5.

In regards to the bias trim pot, it should be adjusted so that the voltage at the drain of Q1 is Regulated voltage / 2 + 2. On my amp my regulated voltage is 41.2 Volts so I set the bias to achieve a voltage ov 22.5 volts once the amp is warm.

When you look across R0 you will find that the voltage will be very close to 0.66V.

Scott

The confusion (input imp. of first ZEN) is based on the fact that there is a resistor of 47k5 from input to ground, but input impedance of this circuit is determined by 4k75 reistor in series with gate, as this is an inverting circuit with common source electrode. The input impedance will be varying and wil be a bit lesser than 4k75, ask Nelson for precise value.

Is half the the B+ plus 2 volts correct for V4?

Is the V4's proper operating points half the regulated voltage plus 2 volts? Where does the two volts come from?
I am adjusting mine to that because that is what the manual said. Is the 1/2 B+ better to keep the swing in the power supply envelope?

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.