F1, 6SN7 to AudioNirvana 12"... Mr.Pass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Mr. Pass and all. I read of your love for certain triodes and with you experience with the F1 and the AN drivers, so any help would be appreciated. I am in the process of building an Aikido preamp with a 6SN7GT or 7N7 driver tube and 6N6P for the buffer. The source is Twisted pear Buffalo DAC with the D1 I/V stage which will need to be adjusted.

1)Will the 6SN7GT(gain of 10) provide enough gain to drive an F1/AN Cast super 12" from a two volt source with the AN12" in a TL enclosure.?
2)If the gain is not enough, can I modify the D1 to put out say, 4V?
3)What is your favorite driver tube? I like the 12SN7 for being a cheaper 6SN7. I think the high current of the 6N6P will follow the 6SN7 great fo a gain stage for an F1.
4)Could an F1 amp be made to drive a set of Senn HD650 by reducing the rail voltage?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing of your time with the AN drivers.

hi

6sn7 gain maybe 10 with a resistor to B+

but can jump to 20 with a ccs (constant current source) to B+

in my setup :

my tube preamp gain = 10
my power output aleph 3 gain = 10

total=100 it s ok for years now but
it s a minimum and for me the
maximum would be 200

bye

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
khundude said:
Hello Mr. Pass and all. I read of your love for certain triodes and with you experience with the F1 and the AN drivers, so any help would be appreciated. I am in the process of building an Aikido preamp with a 6SN7GT or 7N7 driver tube and 6N6P for the buffer. The source is Twisted pear Buffalo DAC with the D1 I/V stage which will need to be adjusted.

1)Will the 6SN7GT(gain of 10) provide enough gain to drive an F1/AN Cast super 12" from a two volt source with the AN12" in a TL enclosure.?
2)If the gain is not enough, can I modify the D1 to put out say, 4V?
3)What is your favorite driver tube? I like the 12SN7 for being a cheaper 6SN7. I think the high current of the 6N6P will follow the 6SN7 great fo a gain stage for an F1.
4)Could an F1 amp be made to drive a set of Senn HD650 by reducing the rail voltage?

I am not enough of a tube guy to have considered opinions of the merits of
various drivers tubes, but I'm sure that someone else will.

Yes, an F1 would probably be fine, even with reduced voltages.

:cool:

Re: Re: F1, 6SN7 to AudioNirvana 12"... Mr.Pass

Nelson Pass said:

Yes, an F1 would probably be fine, even with reduced voltages.

:cool:

Thanks for the info guys and Mr. Pass for the F1 nod... What would be a suggested rail voltage to run the F1 head-amp? Would be be possible to use the same F1 I plan on building for the AN12 with 2amps of current?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.