Aleph Mini / Aleph 3 PCB ready (?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello all,

i just finisched to draw my personal PCB for the Aleph Mini / Aleph 3.
it should be quite universal, one could install only a pair of mosfet, 4 mosfet, or even an external power board with any mosfet one prefers.
THIS is the schematic and THIS is the PCB layout.
The schematic reports everything you can install on the PCB: TP220 mosfet togheter with TO247 mosfets.
Of course one must install one or the others, not both togheter.
Please let me know your thought, if everything seems fine, any suggestion.
I will order the PCB to an external company; as far as I know they accept a minimum order of 5 PCB or more; is there anybody interested in the remaining PCB?

Ciao,
Giovanni

PCB ready!!!

Hello all,

I finally drawn a decent PCB for the Aleph Mini amp; the board could also be used as a driver for a bigger Aleph Amp (Aleph 3, 30, etc.).
I managed to have a single side PCB, so it would be simple to hetch PCB on your own.
I think the result is quite nice, really small, and "efficiient".
HERE you can find Eagle schematic, board and a PDF view of it
Enjoy. Needless to say any critic and comment are welcome, and that the project is free for anybody that want to use it.

Ciao,
Giovanni

If you like it, you could use my PCB for Aleph Mini and add an external power stage, as BrianGT does.
You can even wire point to point the power stage, because you only have to connect three mosfets and three resistors...
Moreover, my PCB can be used to slightly modify the original schematic, in manner to add a regulated supply to the output stage ACS, and a different CCS on the input stage.
If you want to give a look, HERE a file containing schematic, PCB and top art.
If you need I can give you all the needed gerber data and Eagle files.

Ciao,
Giovanni

Hello Croc,

I am interested in trying your design.
Would you mind please send me the files? especially the Aleph.zip. I don't know whether I should make order in the size appearing 100% in the top.pdf file or not. Your .bmp file is a lot larger then the pdf.

There are many designs appearing in this thread; all of them are compact. But I would love to have 1 side PCB which Aleph.zip is.

I have a question when reviewing your layout. I like the Q5 and Q6 sitting close to each other so their heat dissipating can be mounted to the same heatsink and have same temperature (or very close). You use the different current source that looks interesting I want to try. I just don't know a difference in your C10 which is different from the presence of the capacitor placed between the collector and the base of Q3 from the original Pass design. Please describe.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.