Stw26nm60

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As per title, I have a lot of such a device; THIS is the supplier datasheet.

Can this Mosfet be used for an Aleph Mini/Aleph J?

The characteristics are not too bad, the only "problem" I can see is the relatively high input capacitance, at 2900 pF; but I can try to increase the driver current, in manner to drive them in a better way.

What do you think? Would I try them in my Aleph?
I have them for free, I have about 20/30 pieces, so I could even try to match them.

Ciao,
Giovanni

Pretty hefty parts! Large transconductance, even large than good old IRFP240, but of course at the cost of larger capacitances.

For the Mini-A they appear fine to me; if I remember correctly the Mini-A has the original Mosfet-differential, so bias current should be plenty (needs quite a bit of current to get the mosfets in the LTP into the more linear region). Otherwise biasing them up should not be hard and needs only a little heatsinking.

The AlephJ is a bit different; you can try it. There were some discussions that a J109BL can drive even 2 fets, however I don't remember if somebody really tried.

Increasing bias in the frontend is however not significantly possible (power dissipation in the jfets, IDSS limit).

Have fun, Hannes

Thank you Hannes, actually I have to follow the Aleph Mini/3 way, not the J way...

Nelson Pass said:
You could probably use one of these for every two of the IRFP240.

:cool:

That was exactly my idea... of course such a beast need more bias, so I can use a single pair for channel, like an Aleph Mini, but with a bias current, let's say, of about 2 amps.

Thank you very much.

Ciao,
Giovanni

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.