Line Out for highgain BoSoZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gentlemen....

For the last couple of month's, i have been fiddling around, with a setup of my Fostexfe207e-halfchang fullranger spk. + an 12" plateamp powered servosub.
This is a setup, i really appreciate, as it give's me, what i found was missing on the fullranger... But i think it could be even better as it is now !

The servosub, is feeded on it's highlevel input, e.g at my F4's spk. terminals. Reason for that, is that my volcontrol on my BoSoZ is placed at the output. The servosub cannot accept signal at that range on it's normal linein.

What i would like to have, is a line-out on my BoSoZ, giving max 3vac out. My BoSoZ has only balanced output's, through XLR's. I am thinking about drilling holes for two rca's for lineout. - Reason i would like this, is that i would like to attach a passive filter at my F4's input, filtering out the bass to my fullranger's.

I have been reading about inline attenuator's and how they work, how they affect the impedance and so, but was wondering if there is a betterway of doing it. Also i donno if a L/H or whatever pad attached in parrellel on my BoSoZ output, would affect the impedance much or if it would affect the output i am using for driving my F4's ?

Any hint ?

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:
Gentlemen....

For the last couple of month's, i have been fiddling around, with a setup of my Fostexfe207e-halfchang fullranger spk. + an 12" plateamp powered servosub.
This is a setup, i really appreciate, as it give's me, what i found was missing on the fullranger... But i think it could be even better as it is now !

The servosub, is feeded on it's highlevel input, e.g at my F4's spk. terminals. Reason for that, is that my volcontrol on my BoSoZ is placed at the output. The servosub cannot accept signal at that range on it's normal linein.

What i would like to have, is a line-out on my BoSoZ, giving max 3vac out. My BoSoZ has only balanced output's, through XLR's. I am thinking about drilling holes for two rca's for lineout. - Reason i would like this, is that i would like to attach a passive filter at my F4's input, filtering out the bass to my fullranger's.

I have been reading about inline attenuator's and how they work, how they affect the impedance and so, but was wondering if there is a betterway of doing it. Also i donno if a L/H or whatever pad attached in parrellel on my BoSoZ output, would affect the impedance much or if it would affect the output i am using for driving my F4's ?

Any hint ?

Jesper.

what you really need - line out , before pot ...... or what ?

crazy danske :clown:

Yes, i was also thinking about using +out / gnd, for lowering the voltageswing, but it's still not enough... With a 1vac input, the unbalanced out gives ~8-10vac.

I have found this somewhere else, in this forum, and maybe it could be usefull. I still donno if it will affect the normal output much. - This connection, has to be done in parrelel to my normal output XLR.

Jesper.

Attachments

• lpads.jpg
    lpads.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 184
- I'm still clueless what he wants

I can't write it more clearly... sry...

I want a output, simulair what you get after volcontrol before the input at an preamp, but i must attach it, at my output, due that my volcontrol is attached there at my BoSoZ... This output gives a TOO big voltageswing to drive my plateamp-sub's linein... So i have to make a seperate lineout, wich gives me max 3-4vac out, when volcontrol is turned up to MAX... !! Good enough ??

Jesper :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
take out from BOSOZ output , using just positive leg and ground ;

place pot (or just L-pad) in line , for attenuating
simple - if that is what you need ( unbalanced to plate amps ) .

with taking signal from preamp output , you have low enough impedance of taking point

read few last pages in :Pumpkin: Cook Book ........ I wrote that .

Zen Mod said:
take out from BOSOZ output , using just positive leg and ground ;

place pot (or just L-pad) in line , for attenuating
simple - if that is what you need ( unbalanced to plate amps ) .

with taking signal from preamp output , you have low enough impedance of taking point

read few last pages in :Pumpkin: Cook Book ........ I wrote that .

See, that's why nobody could figure what the problem was....there was no problem :D

Magura :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.