Pass logo copy?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jacco vermeulen said:
..... The IT company has between 500 and 1K people working for them, you seriously think they make a sheetload of cash from hi-jacking a corporate logo ?

I don't understand Jacco. What's your point? They're to big to litigate against or that they've made no money from stealing a logo or it was their's in the first place?

promitheus said:
I looked a little closer to the logo and my girlfriend thought these are star trek fonds.
The 2 logos are not exactly the same the "AS" in the middle are spaced differently and the curves are not exact the same.

I'm not an expert, but doesn't trademark law ignore slight "technical" differences in favor of common recognition? McDonald's has successfully sued and won all challenges to anyone using "Mc" in their name to denote low cost. Any trademark recognition confusion by relatively common standards can trigger an injunction for use. In fact lack of legal action erodes trademark enforceability.

-David

this is what can happen when using the same 'font' type
and by coincidence you decide to use same logo name.
They also both used a blue color, but not the same shade.
Two blue but with a distinct difference.

As these both companies are in different trades, this is no big issue. And there is not much reason for someone start processing.

I do not know what this specific font is called
The closest match I found so far, is the font Stop.
Try and download STOP.ttf font

If you look at the logo I made with this font
you see the P has a bigger gap, in the passlabs original logo.

Attachments

• pass_logo_compare_stop.gif
    pass_logo_compare_stop.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 508
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.