Burning Amps - Page 32 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th December 2009, 04:52 PM   #311
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
well , my man ........ that's what I call FUGLY!!!!

(just for your knowledge - we are just moonshining Kajsijevaca )
Now I am certified, I have The Choky's Certificate of Approval!
Love it.
Regarding the spirits, that would be my favorite out of all. For the rest Kajsijevaca = Apricot Brandy. I would rather say class A spirit, coming from single ended three that after consuming makes you behaving push pull.
Old 4th December 2009, 05:15 PM   #312
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

this year my Jabukovaca is certified wackoo ......

ya can drink it 'till the end of World (with gorgeous flavor and taste) , having full insight and control of what you're doing, speaking etc.

next morning - everything is OK - no headache blahblah ....... but with Black Holes in memory here and there .....

that's what I call - Absolute Absolution , by Mighty ZM
Old 4th December 2009, 05:43 PM   #313
diyAudio Member

Looks great.

fwiw, I keep my SG5010 and PS5010 in the high power compartments without ill effects. The SG5010 is a very nice piece of gear.
Old 4th December 2009, 07:52 PM   #314
Banned

You have made a lot of progress. Congratulations. Great work AR2.
Old 5th December 2009, 05:30 PM   #315
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joho View Post
I wish I had so much time to play with all the variations.
A wishfull thinking!

Life is to short

Succes,
Johan
Quite honestly, I am very short on time as well. I play after I come from work and everyone in my house goes to sleep. So one or two hours here and there. My situation with amps is that I have so far what I need to use. I have been using X600, my tube amps and Aleph 30 that I made, enjoying them very much. I am planning some changes in my system but since I have what I need I am not in rush. That gives me a freedom to take my time and play. I am kind of the person that when start something cannot wait to finish, so I rush to have it done.

This time I decided to go slowly, take my time, work when I can and enjoy. More like slowly sipping a glass of good vine, analyzing and enjoying every sip. I do not care when I will finish or if I will finish, but I realize that I have unique opportunity like never before where the hardest part and the most time consuming part is taken care off - power supply, case and output transistors mounted. The rest is easy, and with available boards I could easily try various configurations.
Old 9th February 2010, 02:05 PM   #316
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

OK, the BA-1 and BA-2 boards are available at the "Secret" diyAudio store just for you wanting Burning Amps!

The diyAudio Secret Store

The thing to keep in mind is that the boards are "beta" for now because no one has completed an amp.

So there is a slight chance that there will be issues with some aspect of the boards. If so, it should be easy to fix, as the boards are modular so that everything wouldn't have to be replaced if there is some tremendous issue with one of them. If there is a big problem we will replace the defective boards, if it is just a matter of a jumper wire and cutting a trace, or bending leads to insert them, then that won't be considered a serious defect.

If you aren't willing to be a pioneer, we suggest that you wait for the go-ahead once an amp of the model that you want is proven.

On the other hand, we want people to build some, so for the 2 first amps of each type that are reported to work, with posted photo documentation , we will give the member who makes them store credit for the cost of the boards towards any future purchase. So the boards would be pretty much free for those that make the first 2 amps of each type.

Looking forward to the reports. And please post here if there is a problem with the store.

Variac
Old 9th February 2010, 03:27 PM   #317
diyAudio Member

" ... The diyAudio Secret Store ..."

Got pictures of the chassis yet? (Same, same as the BA#2 chassis?)

Can we buy the bare bones chassis? Can we buy the bare bones chassis with power supply components only?

Last edited by FastEddy; 9th February 2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 9th February 2010, 08:29 PM   #318
olen is offline olen  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
OK, the BA-1 and BA-2 boards are available at the "Secret" diyAudio store just for you wanting Burning Amps!

The diyAudio Secret Store

The thing to keep in mind is that the boards are "beta" for now because no one has completed an amp.

So there is a slight chance that there will be issues with some aspect of the boards. If so, it should be easy to fix, as the boards are modular so that everything wouldn't have to be replaced if there is some tremendous issue with one of them. If there is a big problem we will replace the defective boards, if it is just a matter of a jumper wire and cutting a trace, or bending leads to insert them, then that won't be considered a serious defect.

If you aren't willing to be a pioneer, we suggest that you wait for the go-ahead once an amp of the model that you want is proven.

On the other hand, we want people to build some, so for the 2 first amps of each type that are reported to work, with posted photo documentation , we will give the member who makes them store credit for the cost of the boards towards any future purchase. So the boards would be pretty much free for those that make the first 2 amps of each type.

Looking forward to the reports. And please post here if there is a problem with the store.

Variac
I just ordered mine, I've been chomping at the bit to finish the BA-2 ever since I was lucky enough to get it nearly a year and a half ago (chassis #36). It'll be nice to move it from the garage to the amp rack!

BTW are you still planning to provide the pair of 2SJ109s that papa mentions in the article? He wasn't kidding when he said they're difficult to source

-Olen
Old 10th February 2010, 01:29 AM   #319
diyAudio Editor

I believe he said no one who got a chassis would be overlooked. So I think he is going to supply them.
Maybe those with a chassis from Burning Amp Festival who want to do a BA-1 or BA-2 should send me a PM. The board holes will work with 2 discrete jfets too, but I'm pretty sure he will supply the good stuff!

Not sure but it looks like 20 sets have been ordered in one day! plus a few boards here and there which are probably for BAF people who don't need.. the output boards
Mark

Last edited by Variac; 10th February 2010 at 02:44 AM.
Old 10th February 2010, 02:47 AM   #320
diyAudio Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
" ... The diyAudio Secret Store ..."

Got pictures of the chassis yet? (Same, same as the BA#2 chassis?)

Can we buy the bare bones chassis? Can we buy the bare bones chassis with power supply components only?

Unfortunately the only chassis are the ones Nelson "papapass"
gave out at the Burning Amp Show . Now someday we may well have chassis available also, but they would be different than the burning amp chassis. Not very soon though..

Hide this!Advertise here!