Alpeh 30 age

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was just wondering if maybe Nelson or someone else had any idea if a used Aleph's age can be determined by the serial number. I know they enjoyed about 5 year run and I thought there might be a way to determine which year of manufacture it was by S/N.

I also understand that Volksamp built these for Pass Labs so maybe they are the only ones with the info.

Anybody know what serial number the first Aleph 30 was? One I've seen is 11486, is this earlier or later run?

Thanks in advance

H9

Heiney9 said:
I was just wondering if maybe Nelson or someone else had any idea if a used Aleph's age can be determined by the serial number. I know they enjoyed about 5 year run and I thought there might be a way to determine which year of manufacture it was by S/N.

I also understand that Volksamp built these for Pass Labs so maybe they are the only ones with the info.

Anybody know what serial number the first Aleph 30 was? One I've seen is 11486, is this earlier or later run?

Thanks in advance

H9

Mine is s/n 11479 and I would also be curious of the age.

A quick bump for another quick question.

Finally got a pristine Aleph 30 and it's a superb sounding amp....as if people didn't already know that ;) .

In some pics (not sure but they may be illustrations) it looks like the heat sinks are slightly different. Were there more than one type (shape) of heat sinking used on the Aleph 30?

The pic shows what appears to be a section missing in the middle and more of and "X" wing pattern

volksamp1.jpg

The one I own has different heat sinking. This could be a simple difference between an illustration and an actual pic.....because the same type of pic as above (or illustration) is shown on the owners manual.

Pass_Labs_Aleph_30_Stereo_Amp.jpg

Just wondering

TIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.