Pass Tube Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nelson has given all of us so many great projects in the 30 plus years he has been building amps and stuff. I was just wondering if he has given any thought to designing a reasonable tube amp project.
I for one like his simple uncluttered approach to design and would trust a build with his stamp of approval on it. Tube build parts are not cheap and mistakes could set you back a long way with hobby funds being what they are.
Well Nelson any thoughts on a First Watt tube project. It fits in with the First Watt philosophy. Just think of that nice warm tube glow on a cold evening. Just a thought. Tad

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
tryonziess said:
Nelson has given all of us so many great projects in the 30 plus years he has been building amps and stuff. I was just wondering if he has given any thought to designing a reasonable tube amp project.
I for one like his simple uncluttered approach to design and would trust a build with his stamp of approval on it. Tube build parts are not cheap and mistakes could set you back a long way with hobby funds being what they are.
Well Nelson any thoughts on a First Watt tube project. It fits in with the First Watt philosophy. Just think of that nice warm tube glow on a cold evening. Just a thought. Tad

who knows ...... if you bribe Papa with adequate number of cases filled with adequate sort of liquid red ..........

but - somehow I feel that you can't count on his sane approach ........
just imagine what can be found in his warehouse .......

do you wanna preamp with 4-250A ......... ?

:rofl:

(sorry Papa , I couldn't resist ...... )

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
gl said:
As I recall, "himself" did once upon a time use vacuum tube resistive devices as CCS substitutions. It was in the Zen enlightenment project.

Graeme

what's man's mind ...... I was puzzled because I missed that , from Papa ................. I didn't even think that you really confused "real thing" with :

Nelson Pass said:
You mean light bulbs.

:cool:

I'm gonna put a spell on this forum ........... mixing bulbs with toobz .....

where is a :captain: when is needed ?

yo !
Variac !

shut this place down !!

:rofl:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
naaah ...........

Attachments

• muha.gif
    muha.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 190
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.