Sweet Jesus !!! Another F3 ! (56K ? No dice !)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally got the photos developed (yes, that's right, old school film, goes well with my records !). Some didn't scan too nicely though, so some detail is lost ...

Hope you get the jist of it though !

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

TNT said:
Nice, but not "green" :-/

Yeah, I agree w/Magura... The amp looks great to me black as it is :D

Hopefully, this "green" bit does have to do with its color & not it's energy usage.... Because I read something around here (maybe even by NP) relating the energy waste driving out for some milk or beer to the energy usage of these amps.

I'm sure some mathy / physics types could point to some equations/examples:xeye:

Hang on ...

What's all this green bizzo ? If it makes a difference, there is an energy saving lightbulb somewhere in the house ... but it gets little use (white light just looks wrong) :)

The wiring does look anorexic, but the black/red wires are 18ga solid core, while the signal wires are 26ga silver (I had some lying around, and though, why not !).

It is a bit messy, but I had such a blast building it !!! I wanna build another one !!!

really anorexic wiring...

Hi,
Do not listen to them, they are envious only.
Although this was my first thought.
This of course not true, this was my second thought only.
The first what occurred to me, how aesthetic this amplifier.
Congratulations.
Gyuri

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Actually there is a ''school'' that practices the minimum thickness single strand wire needed for connecting in general. DNM started it long ago and has enough proponents. Especially in the T-Amp single driver speaker world. They say it helps detail.

Do not give up the dejection anyway, look at this ugly one what I listen.
This anyway four pieces F4 that they work together in a peaceful agreement.

Gyuri

Attachments

• 4xf4.jpg
    4xf4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 803
Sound

Very heavy to grant the correct answer, because of my weak English knowledge.
If we move from ALEPH cross ZV9 to F4, which ones I built it we get a hardening (mainly on the bottom end), increasingly more airy and precise sound for me. At the same time continually less romantic. I do not know it, this is not in being linked to the change of our beloved Nelson's state of mind which is may be parallel to this.

From F1, F2 and F5 I cannot make a statement yet, but I will be on this.

I have the FE206 in a MLTL from MJK's, without BSC and with phase cone.

Gyuri

Additional details from ALEPH, and Velleman K4040 it is here

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56454

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.