Aleph 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
3 month ago I build two Alph 2, and I´m still happy with the sound.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• gehäuse oben hinten offen.jpg
    gehäuse oben hinten offen.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,524
trigon said:
Very nice, really. What about that PCB near Transformer, is that DC Loudspeaker protection or inrush protection, it looks like walleman LSP protection.

Really impresive work. What about picture of front?

Trigon

Hello Trigon,

it is an inrush protection, and an NF-switch. An incomming signal switch the amp on, in the first step over an 25W resistor which will bridged after about two seconds. After an definitive time without incomming signal the electronic switch the amp off.

It works fine

Re: yes

karma said:
nice en clean i would like to make the same case how much did the heat zincs and aluminum set you back. if you dont mind me asking:headbash:

I used 10mm Alu-Plates. The heatsinks are 200X300X80mm big.

The high of 300mm makes a very good convection.

My aleph works with +- 47V and the temperature at the heatsink is 48°C.

I got the heatsinks from http://www.fischerelektronik.de/_2002/PDF/Einzel_PDF/A_44.pdf

you have to count with 90-100 Euro per heatsink.

Nice Job, Did you cut the Aluminimum Plates

I've been looking for a better method to cut Aluminum plates. Look to me like you found it. I've been using a bandsaw, however a lot of clean up is need after cutting. I was thinking about cleaning the up edges with a big belt sander, however aluminum will wear it out fast. Any suggestion

The bevel edges look really nice.

Thanks
JW
:idea:

Re: Nice Job, Did you cut the Aluminimum Plates

jewilson said:
I've been looking for a better method to cut Aluminum plates. Look to me like you found it. I've been using a bandsaw, however a lot of clean up is need after cutting. I was thinking about cleaning the up edges with a big belt sander, however aluminum will wear it out fast. Any suggestion

The bevel edges look really nice.

Thanks
JW
:idea:

the aluminum plates were sawed with a belt saw and milled following on a milling machine and chamfered 45°.

With a circular saw you will see better surfaces as with a belt saw, however optimally is only a milled surface. Sharpen Aluminium, to get better surfaces is very difficult.
Sorry, but I don´t have a bette idea.
Maybe you have to ask Peter Daniel, his Alu-works/chassis are looking really nice.

grataku said:
naim35
beautiful job! Are the panels anodized?
I am interested to know the brand of the power switch you used and I was wondering if the fast rectifier diodes are getting hot

Hello grataku,

you are right, the panels are anodized Alu-nature.

The power switch I bought by Conrad http://www.conrad.de/scripts/wgate/...late=PCAT_AREA_S_BROWSE&shop=B2C&p_init_ipc=X

it is a Carlingswitch Midi "Visi Rocker".

The fast rectifier diodes are getting really hot, about 80°C. I think it´s behind the limit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.