Aleph1.2 clone trouble

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just finished aleph1.2 clones and am getting nearly no sound at all from it. I measure the same values when I measure left and right channel, see schematics.

Everything is as the schematics say except the MPSA 18 are replaced with BC 550 (yes I do know about the reversed pins, so they are turned 180 degrees)

Her are some facts/measures:

- amp built as per schematics (KK-PCB)
- hear very low signal trough amps
- The mosfets are matched within 0,015V, but will not heat up
- I measure 69 Volts over mosfets (no voltage drop at all), but no volts over R40-51
- Powersupply with testload measured 58V
- BC 550 used (not MPSA 18), otherwise original parts
- Q1, Q2 and Q3 are hot (but not to hot)

any help would be MUCH appreciated,
cheers,
Ole Bjørn

Attachments

• left_channelsmall.jpg
    left_channelsmall.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 406
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
for start - instead R11 put 100R resistor in series with 100R pot ,then try to set pot to have nearer to 4V across R14 , chasing 0,5V across source resistors of output mosfets

to my eyes - you don't have enough current through input LTP (Q1,Q2) , so not enough current through R14 , so not enough voltage across it to open enough lower bank of output mosfets ;

one thing you didn't measured - output DC voltage ; I can bet that you have there near +55V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.