Pass D1 I/V Stage PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After having been testing the D1 I/V with a Toole shuntreg , I am convinced that the shunt is great for this application. Noise is just as good as the LM317/337 supply (virtually non to speak of), but the sound is a little better. Its not like day and night, but the Shuntreg will stay in my DAC. It brings a tad more clarity. The shunt is similar to this one (only dualrail;) )

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1632968#post1632968

Play chain is; ZenV9 setup as currentsource-amp, B1 buffer also fed by a Toolereg, and a TDA1541 DAC. The Zen never sounded better, than with the B1 fed by a shuntreg.

:)

Hi Alan,

Check your resistors -

I did that also today.. But I was a bit tired so I'll check again tomorrow..

Thanks for the tip.

I buildt four channels and they all measure the same. So there must be some part that I overlooked. If it's not the caps..

Steenoe. When you adjusted yours, was it rock solid at 0V? did you se any drift or small offset with time/temp?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.