Pass D1 I/V Stage PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone.

I,m redoing the outputstage on my DAC (opamp based) And of course Mr Pass,s D1 I/V is one the i want.. :)

Soo,, to the drawing board... This is the result. Schematic found somewhere on the Net and layout ideas stolen a little bit here and there.... :cool: :angel:

Anyhow, I need your eyes to see if there are any mistakes.
I,m going to have some boards made and don,t want to buy PCB,s that do not work ... :)

Yez, i have got an ok from Master (if anyone wondered.) :)

Layout
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Schematic
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanx !

/JZ

Hi Zei
Except for R21B should read 100k, your schematic is fine. I take it that the trimpots are 20k.
I will go over your board later. What is the size of your board?
If you plan to use screw terminals for the outputs it would be a good idea to make 2 holes for standoff's in the output end for support when tightening the terminals. Just place them as close to the sides as possible. Nice work BTW.

:)

Thanx Steenoe!

Good eye spotting that resistor :)

Board size is about 50X60mm. My ide was to use output Caps offboard to due to size. Me and my friends might use different sorts.

I added the Screwterminals just to have that option when testing everything ;) Mkaes everything sooo much easier...

I,m alos going to redraw some wirds to tidy it up a bit.

Thanx Again!

Loking forward the the verdict on layout:)

Regards
/JZ

Hi Zei.
Just finished going through all the connections on the board and it seems to be perfectly fine. JP2 is underneath C9 and that is probably not the best place to have a jumper. If you wanted to, it looks like C9 (and C4 for board symmetry) could be moved closer to the middle and in the proces expose JP2's solderpad.
It would be nice if at least one more could do a little checking. 3 sets of eyes see more than 2.
I was going to ask you what you had in mind for the PSU. As far as I recall, the Shiny is a shuntreg? Could you post the schematic or link to it? A shuntreg is possibly the best choice, but it takes some calculating to get it right. Approx. 20mA excess current must run through the shunt element and the ccs must provide that on top of what the circuit draws, itself.

:)

Made a few changes after some suggestions and also cleaned it up a bit :) .

I think i,m happy with this layout, Size is still approx 55X45mm.

I would very much like some more input on the layout just to be certain that there are no erros.

I,ll order a few boards extra just to get a better price from the PCB factory, So if anyone wants a piece of this Speak up or forever be silent :cool:

PCB will be black mask, white silk and goldplating. same as this PCB.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122639&highlight= (look at bottom of thread)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.