I like here!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey!

I like here. From a first view people here seemed to be more polite and civilised than in the other link "Solid State". There, many times the threads diverted in a real Muppet Show. I am tired from the dull battles in solid state. It seems to me that I removed here, although I do not know many things from mosfets. Never mind, you will teach me.

Fotios

fotios said:
Hey!

I like here.

Fotios

Me too :)

I guess the reason it seems like we have more fun here, is that here most of us, spend most of the time, actually building amps....

So, we sit back, talk about what we have made, and what we would like to accomplish, try to help each other reach our targets.

It leaves less time for fighting :rofl:

.....and since most of us are so darn pleased with what we have made, mostly we are also in a fairly good mood ;)

So, welcome Fotios!
grab a seat, and enjoy the ride.

Magura :)

Growing up in the manner I grew up, living where I live, and being surrounded by a large number of rather extreme people (see footnote below), I've made a bit of a study of this. Interestingly, if you take a person who is universally agreed to be a pain in the butt and ask them point blank why they're so humorless and nasty, they will insist--at length--that they're loved and adored by others and that they get along with people just fine, "except for a few troublemakers." Tellingly, they nearly always see things in shades of black and white--there's them and theirs, and there's the enemy. Period. Nothing in between. Ever.
That sort of absolutist mindset is on display nearly every day in nearly every thread in the solid state section. Unfortunately, that outlook tends to preclude learning new things, so they're limited to regurgitating textbook answers as though they're Holy Writ.
As personality types, they have a pronounced tendency to be control freaks or power hungry folks who feel they must dominate. Speaking for myself only, I have to acknowledge that I have a problem with control freaks and that they have a problem with me. Being able to grasp at least the outlines of the situation gives me insight as to why I get drawn into arguments with certain types of people, but it doesn't necessarily keep the arguments from happening. Oh, well. I'm (slowly) getting better. I am--at least sometimes--able to see what's happening and walk away, knowing that hidebound sorts will not change their minds once they're made up, unless someone they regard as an authority figure tells them to do so. And since their authority figures are of a similar mindset, they almost never change their minds. Consequently, the word never comes down to the ditto heads for them to change their minds.
Yes, the Pass Forum is looser (almost always) and more flexible. This happens to suit me better and a fair number of others, it seems.

Grey

Footnote: My eldest young 'un is in town, en route from Berkeley to Munich, where she will be doing further grad work over the next few years. She told me a story this weekend about one of those Hellfire 'n Brimstone corner preachers who harangue anyone and everyone, shouting for them to repent or they'll spend eternity burning in hell. She walked past the guy, paying him no attention whatsoever. Her friends, however, were flat stonkered by the idjit's behavior, gawking as though at a rare and wondrous beastie. Needless to say, the bozo let them have it for their sins, both real and imagined. Once they recovered their composure, they ran to catch up with Katie, who had gained quite some distance on them, not realizing that they had stopped. Quoth they, "Didn't you see that guy? Didn't you hear him? He was yelling straight at you!" Quoth my daughter, "Those creeps? They're dime a dozen where I come from. I learned long ago not to pay them any attention."
She said her friends were thunderstruck. No matter how many stories she had told them about life in South Carolina--her mere description of life here had not made an impression...but her complete lack of reaction to the street corner bible-thumper...that got their attention in a way that her words never had. They were stunned to realize that maybe, just maybe, all her stories of extremists in SC had been true.
Footnote to the footnote: I used to be pretty set in my beliefs as well. However, I'm not so bull-headed that I can't admit that I'm hearing what I'm hearing and cable direction ("impossible," yet it exists) and tubes being able to do some things better than solid state ("impossible," yet there it is) kinda stuck a brick wall in front of me. Once I picked myself up and dusted myself off, I figured that it was time to rethink my definition of "impossible." It doesn't go over well with some of the solid state folks, however.

It always depends on how you take things, I enjoy the solid state forum very much. As Nelson so well said, amps are part of the entertainment industry and if you take it as that, you also have your fun over there.*

Sure the famous effect of going perfectly offtopic after a couple of posts - as it happens often here - does not so much exist in solid state, but that's not a bad thing for everyone, eh? :D

Have fun, Hannes

* if emotions get stirred too much, one himself is always part of the reason.

Thank you Nelson.... your mention on my name is a honor for me

I am preparing a super hot Dx Amplifier... a class A Dx.

Higher bias only... all stages with huge current... everybody hot!

ahahahaha.

Gonna have always hot coffee in my home, do not know if i will be able to be inside while that "thing" i will construct will be operating (very big and very hot).

Be happy!

Carlos

Attachments

• zier gut!.jpg
    zier gut!.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 752
Re: Re: I like here!

Nordic said:

Lol man, you start half of them...

;)

This is a very wise saying in Greece which suits in your case:

Èåëù íá áãéáóù ìá äåí ìå áöçíïõí ïé äéáâïëïé

It is not abusive or offensive. On the contrary it is fun. Because i am tired from continuous translations in english, you may find an interpreter.

Re: Re: I like here!

Nordic said:

Lol man, you start half of them...

;)

From the other side (not from the other hand, it is not correct expression) i gave enough help in many people in SS. On the contrary, i received help two or three times only.
Nordic, please, don't make the same as they do many people in SS. You can read all the above posts instead you make fun.
I have not any necessity for help, i know very well what i am doing and for what in my projects.
I have only necessity for communication with good people in reality.
Please stay human.

Re: Re: Thank you Nelson.... your mention on my name is a honor for me

Nelson Pass said:

You have all that wonderful music down there. Easier to be happy.

:cool:

yeah, and the sunshine, don't forget the sunshine!. Its raining here again, as usual, so I'm of the opinion that we brits have to put more effort into being happy.

Oh, I've just realised I'm not really an SS man, so I'm not sure my observation counts....

Ed

:clown:

GRollins said:
I don't know about anyone else, but your expression renders as a long string of vowels with varying accents over them on my screen. Scarcely a consonant in sight. Reads more like Hawaiian than Greek.

Grey
I am not sure what you mean, because i don't know well english.
If you mean the expression "Èåëù íá áãéáóù ìá äåí ìå áöçíïõí ïé äéáâïëïé" it means about:
" I want to became a saint (or I want to was away my sins) but the devil don't leaves me to do this because he follows me where I go".
I hope my explanation is sufficient.

Fotios

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.