I like here! - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th August 2008, 12:13 AM   #21
fredex is offline fredex  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

He did say you will need a interpreter.
Old 15th August 2008, 12:20 AM   #22
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cal Weldon

I see the same as Grey.

change encoding in your browser page to "universal" , and ya'll see Greek letters
Old 15th August 2008, 12:26 AM   #23
The one and only

It will still be Greek, though, won't it?
Old 15th August 2008, 12:33 AM   #24
The one and only

Back to the subject of Brazilian music, here is the cover art of
one my favorite LP's - 3 discs, about 10 minutes a side. mmmmmm...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brazilectro7.jpg (12.7 KB, 588 views)
Old 15th August 2008, 12:37 AM   #25
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zen Mod
change encoding in your browser page to "universal"
Um, can you say that in Mac speak? Me not so good at PC's
Old 15th August 2008, 12:54 AM   #26
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Wholly crud Zen. I found something similar to what you had suggested. It was back in the dark part of the computer I'm rarely allowed to visit and the next thing I know all the squiggly lines are different.
Thank you Choky.

I like here!

Quote:
It will still be Greek, though, won't it?
Alas.

Old 15th August 2008, 01:22 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cal Weldon
Wholly crud Zen. I found something similar to what you had suggested. It was back in the dark part of the computer I'm rarely allowed to visit and the next thing I know all the squiggly lines are different.
Thank you Choky. ..............

thou shalt not speak my name .......... ya have bigger horns !!

Old 15th August 2008, 11:16 AM   #28
fotios is offline fotios  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fotios
"Θελω να αγιασω μα δεν με αφηνουν οι διαβολοι" it means about:
" I want to became a saint (or I want to was away my sins) but the devil don't leaves me to do this because he follows me where I go".
As i gave the translation of this Greek saying in your international language, why you continue this pointless exchange of messages around it?
Sincerely, many times, I can not understand why you waste your time in such things.
Well, I will do the same as you.
Probably you consider me as a Cynic.
Probably I am a man of this kind of philosophy of which the founder is considered Antisthenes.
Many of you, are educated persons. Maybe you have tried to study and understand the ancient Greek philosophy.
Probably you interpret mistakenly the term Cynic.
Cynicism is an ambiguous term, because the word cynic comes from the name of the dog in ancient Greek language, which is written "KYΩN" = CYN
The Cynic - in reality - is not a person who has aggressive dispotition towards other persons like a wild dog. As Cynic defined generally each person who is living a life with deprivation as a dog. The word deprivation has not the meaning of "I live in poverty under a compulsion" but that "I choose to live only with what is necessary for life"
I will tell you an example to better understand the Cynics philosophers which does not exist in wikipedia.
Almost all of them considered students of Socrates and Plato, and that Plato was a student of Socrates also.
However, the Cynics itself indicate that Socrates was a fantastic person who invented by Plato with the aim to he make more easily acceptable his teaching to other persons.
So, many times, when Plato like to make its own philosophy or a saying, said to his students that "Socrates said to me the following" instead "I have to say in you the following".
He did this, because he knew the inherent distrust and dissent of the ancient Greeks, a thing this caused most often endless discussion.
As you know probably many of you (???), this is an inherent idioma and of the today Greeks. This is not a natural legacy - in any way - from the ancient Greeks to today, it is not a DNA heredity from generation to generation.
Greeks, by an absolute sense, I mean the holders of the Hellenic education. NO holders of a Greek passport or identity card. Clearly, it is not obligatory to they live within the borders of the present Greek state. Moreover only a small percentage of residents of Greece are holders of Hellenic education.
The Hellenic education is a global legacy of the famous ancient Greek philosophers and scientists around the world.
As also this of many other philosophers and scientists who were born and studied in other states.
Just because the Greek is by far oldest from any other, is considered as the cornerstone on which were built subsequent philosophies and sciences.
It is a matter of age, and not of exceeding intelligence of the ancient Greeks.
The only that I know with certainity, is that we are all descendants of the explosion of a star.
Which is this star we do not know neither you nor I.

With humility
Fotios
Old 15th August 2008, 11:41 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

all these pointless posts , after your translation , were as expression of wish that next time - when you post something in greek letters , ppl can see what you posted .

btw . tnx for some clarifications regarding greek/helenic/sophia hystory

fact that I spent great amount of my youth reading ,among others ,ancient greek philosophers isn't really of any relevance .

in recent years I take life and nature as somewhat simpler things , than any philosopher describe it .....

so - chill , bro .........
Old 15th August 2008, 01:06 PM   #30
Vix is offline Vix  Yugoslavia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fotios
"I choose to live only with what is necessary for life"

As summarized from this thread:

1. Sunshine
2. Women
3. Music (with big speakers)

Btw, Nelson, assuming that the paint has dried out and the room has been re-arranged, through what speakers does that nice Brasilian music play?

Hide this!Advertise here!