I like here!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Back to the subject of Brazilian music, here is the cover art of
one my favorite LP's - 3 discs, about 10 minutes a side. mmmmmm...

Attachments

• brazilectro7.jpg
    brazilectro7.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 604
fotios said:
"Èåëù íá áãéáóù ìá äåí ìå áöçíïõí ïé äéáâïëïé" it means about:
" I want to became a saint (or I want to was away my sins) but the devil don't leaves me to do this because he follows me where I go".

As i gave the translation of this Greek saying in your international language, why you continue this pointless exchange of messages around it?
Sincerely, many times, I can not understand why you waste your time in such things.
Well, I will do the same as you.
Probably you consider me as a Cynic.
Probably I am a man of this kind of philosophy of which the founder is considered Antisthenes.
Many of you, are educated persons. Maybe you have tried to study and understand the ancient Greek philosophy.
Probably you interpret mistakenly the term Cynic.
Cynicism is an ambiguous term, because the word cynic comes from the name of the dog in ancient Greek language, which is written "KYÙN" = CYN
The Cynic - in reality - is not a person who has aggressive dispotition towards other persons like a wild dog. As Cynic defined generally each person who is living a life with deprivation as a dog. The word deprivation has not the meaning of "I live in poverty under a compulsion" but that "I choose to live only with what is necessary for life"
I will tell you an example to better understand the Cynics philosophers which does not exist in wikipedia.
Almost all of them considered students of Socrates and Plato, and that Plato was a student of Socrates also.
However, the Cynics itself indicate that Socrates was a fantastic person who invented by Plato with the aim to he make more easily acceptable his teaching to other persons.
So, many times, when Plato like to make its own philosophy or a saying, said to his students that "Socrates said to me the following" instead "I have to say in you the following".
He did this, because he knew the inherent distrust and dissent of the ancient Greeks, a thing this caused most often endless discussion.
As you know probably many of you (???), this is an inherent idioma and of the today Greeks. This is not a natural legacy - in any way - from the ancient Greeks to today, it is not a DNA heredity from generation to generation.
Greeks, by an absolute sense, I mean the holders of the Hellenic education. NO holders of a Greek passport or identity card. Clearly, it is not obligatory to they live within the borders of the present Greek state. Moreover only a small percentage of residents of Greece are holders of Hellenic education.
The Hellenic education is a global legacy of the famous ancient Greek philosophers and scientists around the world.
As also this of many other philosophers and scientists who were born and studied in other states.
Just because the Greek is by far oldest from any other, is considered as the cornerstone on which were built subsequent philosophies and sciences.
It is a matter of age, and not of exceeding intelligence of the ancient Greeks.
The only that I know with certainity, is that we are all descendants of the explosion of a star.
Which is this star we do not know neither you nor I.

With humility
Fotios

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
all these pointless posts , after your translation , were as expression of wish that next time - when you post something in greek letters , ppl can see what you posted .

btw . tnx for some clarifications regarding greek/helenic/sophia hystory

fact that I spent great amount of my youth reading ,among others ,ancient greek philosophers isn't really of any relevance .

in recent years I take life and nature as somewhat simpler things , than any philosopher describe it .....

so - chill , bro ......... :clown:

Zen Mod said:
ancient greek philosophers isn't really of any relevance .

Can you please become more concrete in that you said?
I ask this because the word "relevance" has at least 6 different interpretations in Greek language (according to Oxford English - Greek dictionary) which give respectively 6 different meanings in your phrase.

Thanks
Fotios

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
fotios said:

Can you please become more concrete in that you said?
I ask this because the word "relevance" has at least 6 different interpretations in Greek language (according to Oxford English - Greek dictionary) which give respectively 6 different meanings in your phrase.

Thanks
Fotios

naah ....
meaning nothing else than - it isn't really important that I spent great part of my youth - reading philosophy

as I said after that - chill :clown:

OK, now I understand what you like to say.
Without doubt your statement is very reasonable, as people on this planet by a percentage of 99.99 do not follow any kind of philosophy in their life except that this of materialism.
Neither me, I am an exception of this rule.
Also, there is no reason to say "chill", because i am not angry with nobody. To be sincere, perhaps I am just indignant.

Zen Mod said:
naah ....

By asking your forgiveness, can you explain me what means this interjection?

One more thing please if is not indiscretion:
Why when i place the point of mouse on the flag of Vix (in which the red band is in the lower place) it appears "Yugoslavia"?
Instead when i do the same in your flag (in which the red band is in the upper place) it appears "Serbia"?

I like here!

Fotios

Zen Mod said:

change encoding in your browser page to "universal" ,
and ya'll see Greek letters

Which is easy:

1. Click in browser 'View' menu
2. Select 'Encoding'
3. Find 'Greek' under West European encodings
4. In my browser there are no less than 3 different Greek encodings you can use

As Nelson said:
It will still be Greek, though, won't it?
... yes ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
fotios said:
OK, now I understand what you like to say.
Without doubt your statement is very reasonable, as people on this planet by a percentage of 99.99 do not follow any kind of philosophy in their life except that this of materialism.
Neither me, I am an exception of this rule.
Also, there is no reason to say "chill", because i am not angry with nobody. To be sincere, perhaps I am just indignant.

By asking your forgiveness, can you explain me what means this interjection?

One more thing please if is not indiscretion:
Why when i place the point of mouse on the flag of Vix (in which the red band is in the lower place) it appears "Yugoslavia"?
Instead when i do the same in your flag (in which the red band is in the upper place) it appears "Serbia"?

I like here!

Fotios

Fotios - you really need to chill ( be cool , bro ..... respect ......... peace........ cheers ......... relax........ place instead your favorite good meaning word)

sometimes is needed to read between the lines , or search a little with whom you have conversation .

I'm anything but serious ; life is too short and eternity is too long ;
I don't have time or willingness to argue about anything .

Vix is my Albanian friend ; Shqiptar if you like ; he lives in Kosovo ;

I'm Serb ..... but who cares .......

we all can be Gypsies or Apaches if we like .

as long we know how to respect and cherish knowledge and heredity .

so - that's why I don't care for arguing ....... and nations

btw . "naah........ " is complex expression , taken from my own sweet little torturer Jacco V.

it means whatever you think it is , than contrary of that :clown:

EDIT:

really - regarding flags etc.

I think that real meaning of this topic is that we are here in Papaland

so - we are not so obliged by knowledge , but with humor certainly we are .

Zen Mod said:

I'm anything but serious ; life is too short and eternity is too long ;
I don't have time or willingness to argue about anything .

Vix is my Albanian friend ; Shqiptar if you like ; he lives in Kosovo ;

I'm Serb ..... but who cares .......

we all can be Gypsies or Apaches if we like .

as long we know how to respect and cherish knowledge and heredity .

so - that's why I don't care for arguing ....... and nations

Me too. :cool: And Choky is my friend! :cool:

Zen Mod said:

really - regarding flags etc.

I think that real meaning of this topic is that we are here in Papaland

Papa wonderland! :cool:

Nelson Pass said:
It will still be Greek, though, won't it?

Yes dear Nelson.
It will still be Greek. An incomprehensible language, such as you say "That is Greek to me".
You know something? In Greece we have a corresponding phrase for incomprehensible words: "That is Chinese to me" (i ask the forgiveness of Chinese friends).
I have in my library several books about the electronics and electronic physics. These books are written by American professors and scientists.When I read these books, i do not have the need to look in dictionaries because the English words and phrases that use these writers, are perfectly comprehensible.
From the other side, when I read those who write members of this forum (I mean the way they write and the words they use), most often I don't understand neither the half of those.
Under these circumstances, I could be saying very well also me: "That is English to me" :D :D :D

I like here! :cool:

Fotios

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Vix said:
Btw, Nelson, assuming that the paint has dried out and the room has been re-arranged, through what speakers does that nice Brasilian music play?

With a little extra effort this weekend, the system will be 4' X 6' open baffles
with 18" PHL woofers and Lowther PM6a (16 ohm Ticonal) / Feastrex D9nf,
F3's / F5's, XA30.5's, B4, XP20, XONO+Grado Statement / Wadia+D1.

:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.