transformer voltage needed for Aleph 4 or Aleph 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
grataku:

I'm also building the aleph 4 (in case you didn't pick that up) ....the heatsinks I'm using are from this link.

http://www.aaaim.com/cgi-local/shop991/shop.pl/SID=251723194234/page=THUN.htm#HD9800

They are $35.00 not $42.50 so when it makes a mistake in the cart make sure you note it in comments....

I'm using 2 of these....each of which will be cut in half and mounted side by side (2 halves side by side on each side of the amp)

Jduncan,
I took a look at those heatsinks before. Are just two going to be enough? I have seen the aleph 5 and it is pretty big (maybe 9x9x9), but I think the aleph 4 is a lot bigger (15x15x15 cube???).
How thick is the base plate?

[Edited by grataku on 11-28-2001 at 02:05 PM]

grataku, I'm reasonably certain they will be enough.

these heatsinks have a *huge* fin area. The baseplate is about 3/8" - 1/2" thick in the device mounting strip...

on the edges it's thinner...

if you're really concerned you could just buy 3 instead....

and mount four devices per half section you cut up.

I'm using the same heatsinks as JDuncan, but I'm using 4 of them. I figured at the estimated 0.8 C/W per 3 inch section that my sinks should be able to dissipate just over 700 watts at 25 C above ambeint temp. And yes I'm planning on purchasing the Apex Jr. toroid. That's the one I was asking about.

Rob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.